PDA

View Full Version : Marriott at Disneyland

piphi74
07-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Does anyone out there know anything about the Anaheim Marriott? I have a convention out there next June.:cool:

Morrigoon
07-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Nice hotel, good service.

No, GREAT service.

PurpleDove33
07-27-2002, 08:20 PM
What do you want to know about it? I was there earlier this month and the people were very nice and the rooms are very nice and clean. Also the resturants are nice too. There is a Starbucks where you can also get some nice sandwhiches and a good selection of quick things to eat. When I was there for a convention, I didn't really have a whole lot of time for a sit down meal. And you get your food fairly quick. Also they have a Pizza Hut along with some nice resturants too. I found the Marriott also very bright and cherrie. I have stayed at the Hilton across the street and I prefer the Marriott better. I hope that helped you.

adriennek
07-27-2002, 10:10 PM
There have been several threads here about the Anaheim Marriott and even more specifically, about the Marriott versus the Hilton just across the street. (They are VERY close to each other.)

The general consensus is that the Marriott is a great hotel and most people (including me) who've posted on this topic agree that the Marriott is superior to the Hilton.

Great hotel. Very good service. Very nice rooms.

Here's a tip: The Marriott has two towers. The main tower is connected to an indoor/outdoor pool with an indoor jacuzzi. This is a nicer jacuzzi than the other tower. That said, we prefer to stay in the other tower (it has changed names over the years, I THINK it's currently called the "oasis" tower, in the past it was the "north" tower. The rooms are a bit newer and the elevator system seems to run better for us during conventions. (Although the main tower rooms have balconies and the newer tower does not.)

The "problem" we've encountered is two fold: There are many more rooms in the Main Tower and often, during our convention at least, there are many hospitality suites in the Main Tower. Sometimes the lines for those six elevators get to be long because of these two factors.

Even with this, we really like the Marriott. Just something to consider regarding room requests.

Adrienne K

piphi74
07-28-2002, 07:05 PM
Ofcourse the most important question is.....
How far to Disneyland!!!

adriennek
07-28-2002, 08:25 PM
It's pretty close. It's across the street (Katella) from DCA-- but the back of DCA. They have shuttle service to and from the park and it's been relatively convenient in the past.

Adrienne K