PDA

View Full Version : My Day At Disneyland

DisneyFreak2000
07-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Well, we (Friend-Kourtney, Her Mother- Bridget and I) set off from my house at 7:30 and started driving out to the Disneyland Resort which, without traffic, was just about 40 minutes away. There was a lot of traffic that day, though, so we were falling behind schedule fast because we needed to be at the front gate at 9 am. Well, all of the sudden a motercyclist came up behind us and he was swerving around so we moved into a different lane so he could pass us and we wouldn't hit him. Well, unfortunately this lane was the Fast Track lane, apparantly the lane you have to buy permission to use. We thought we immediately had to get off the lane, but there was no exit for miles and miles. Anyways, that made us beat a lot of traffic and we parked (with no hassle, so that was a plus) and got to the entrance at 9 on time.

Thanks to our one and only security fool, he signed us into the park and we were on our way for a great day at the Disneyland Resort. We started off and ran over to Space Mountain and rode that. The music didn't work, which was a bad thing, but at least I know they're getting the new cars soon. Anyways, after that we decided to go on the Matterhorn but the line for that was very long and wrapped it's way all around the mountain (I'm not sure, but I think only the Tomorrowland side was working at times). So we decided to get some Fantasyland rides out of the way. We went on Peter Pan with only a thirty minute wait and Pinnochio (which is Kourtney's favorite character) with only a five minute wait.

Then we took the Big Thunder Trail and got a Fast Pass for between 1:15 and 2:15 and made our way over to ride Pirates (POTC). This ride is still a classic and I gotta love it. I was trying to look for the plot through what the mysterious voices were telling you, but still couldn't figure it out so maybe that giant talking flaming skull that will be added for the 50th Anniversary for the park will be a great addition to finally get the plot recognized. After POTC we went over to Splash and that had a 2 hour+ line so we got fast passes for 6:50-7:50. Then we ran over to Indy and that had an hour line, so we decided to get something to drink and go ride Thunder.

Disneyland was getting very crowded and hot, so we decided to head on over to Disney's California Adventure. Have you ever been to an amusement park where you walk in the front gate and it is so jammed with people it's almost like you can barely breathe and you just want to find a safe place to walk so you don't fall and get trampled? Well that wasn't the case at DCA. There was nobody there which made it a great change to the crowds. First we went over to Pacific Wharf and had lunch and got rejuvenated. Then we went over to Paradise Pier to find out that the coaster was closed. Disappointed we went over to the Sun Wheel but thought the wait was too long so we went on the Orange Stinger and we got a ride and a half. The first time we sped through the ride and then we slowed and stopped because someone was playing with their chain thing or something. Then we started up again. The castmember attendent on this ride was really nice and told me stuff about TOT and how it might open as early as Winter 2003.

After the Orange Stinger, we saw that the coaster was running so we got Fast Passes for that and went over to Grizzly River Run (GRR) and, using the fact that their FastPass machine for GRR is not connected to the others, got Fast Passes for that to for 6:05- 7:05.

When Blast began, it was wonderful. It's like a mini marching band on stage to me, and I think it's pretty kewl BUT it can be slow at times and I caught my self dazing off and thinking 'wow how much did I miss of this?' For instance, the drummer solos and soli was very boring and almost a waste of time but it did lead up to that intense glow and the dark drummer bit. Also, the french horn piece was very slow and repetitive so I didn't find that too interesting either.

After Blast we rode Screamin' with the Fast Passes and decided to get more. So we got more, and then some random nice guy comes by and gives us three Fast Passes for the current time, so we went on it again. Before we could ride it for the third time, we had an hour or so to spare so we ducked into the Bountiful Valley Farm to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. I've never wanted to see this, so I never did. The beginning was cute but as soon as the fog covered the place when Hopper was attacking us I knew that I hated that ride. When I heard the thing about the Hornets I jumped out of my seat and stood up to avoid the affect. Then, all of the sudden, a spider flys down from the roof and nearly hits me so I fall back down and kneel on the floor to avoid and other effects. I'm just not one for being creeped out or scared.

After we left ITTBAB we found a spot on the parade route for Eureka! I love Eureka and the two I was with had never seen it before, so I knew they would like it too. It's a great parade, and I think it's very interesting and has a lot of energy, as stereotypical as it might be, but they don't deserve the boring response that they get. The people watching it never get into it, but meanwhile Kourtney, Bridget and I are dancing and clapping along so we got a lot of smiles and 'thank YOU for clappings.' I love this parade, and I think they need to advertise it a bit more. People watch Parade of the Stars across the way because of the Disney characters, DCA needs to advertise this parade and hook them to watch it.

After Eureka we rode California Screamin' for the third time and then made our way into the Hollywood Pictures Backlot to see Millionaire. Our host, Alyse or something, was very funny and very entertaining. We had two contestants: Joel and Josh (WOOT!). Josh was from my city, though I didn't know him, and he had nobody with him in the attraction, poor guy, so Kourtney, Bridget and I were his cheering section. It was a lot of fun, though it's almost impossible to get up on that Leaders Board. I'd press the answer as soon as it would come on, correctly, and I still couldn't get on that.

After Millionaire, we rode GRR and got pretty wet. This ride isn't that great without that spinning drop, they need to fix that. Then we ran over to Disneyland to ride Splash Mountain with our Fast Passes. On the way out of the park we hit Haunted Mansion and then left. We went to out lockers and changed into warm clothes and then ate our food which we had brought. We got back into Disneyland at about 9 and made our way over to the Matterhorn, which was posted on Main Street to have a 20 minute wait, but it was far from that. We decided to just chill it in front of It's A Small World until the fireworks came. This was my first time seeing Believe and I loved it. The music was great, the feeling you get from it was great and I think that was a great show. It feels like you learned something magical just be watching it. After Believe, we forced our way over to Frontierland to get a spot for Fantasmic! It's almost as if you need to argue with the cast members to find out where you can stand because they don't seem to tell you anything. But we ended up getting great seats. We were the first standing row over all of the sitting people, right in the center so we had a great view!

The highlight of my day is always Fantasmic!, I love it. It's my baby. An extra highlight, though, was watching Kourtney watch Fantasmic! because she had never seen it though and seeing her face light up at everything was just such a cool thing to watch. Before the show, she had asked me 'What's it about? Is it just lights and water?' I said 'There are characters, and great music and fireworks and I just can't really explain it.' As soon as Mickey started dancing and the animation screen popped up, she loved the show. Then Pinnochio, her favorite, came on and she said 'Hey, those two girls are getting too close to him, they better watch out.'

The whole way through the show she was just mesmerized, and in the ending when Mickey is up there and the music blasts over the speaker I always get teary eyed because it's such a great finale to a great show and a great finale to a perfect day.

I had a lot of fun.

cobrabubblesjr
07-27-2002, 12:40 AM
Disneyfreak2k wrote:

........The whole way through the show she was just mesmerized, and in the ending when Mickey is up there and the music blasts over the speaker I always get teary eyed because it's such a great finale to a great show and a great finale to a perfect day.

I ALWAYS mist up at that part at the end w/ the steamboat and then the Mickey solo dance. I've seen Fantasmic at least 10 times and that never fails to get me. Whoever wrote that theme and staged that scene should be running many more things as far as DLR entertainment.

"Some imagination, huh?"

PurpleDove33
07-27-2002, 01:53 AM
DisneyFreak2000, I enjoyed hearing about your day at Disney. I do have one thing to share with you about Millionaire. When you see the answer you want, even before the lights come on, start hitting the button. I have done that twice. And the first time I was second on the board, and last week when I was there, I was number one. To bad the person in the hot seat didn't lose, other wise I would have gotten to be in the hot seat. So try that the next time you go.

stinkerbell
07-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Two images made me laugh out loud. My cat is looking at me funny now. I was rolling! Sound like you had a great day.....:)

Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
Have you ever been to an amusement park where you walk in the front gate and it is so jammed with people it's almost like you can barely breathe and you just want to find a safe place to walk so you don't fall and get trampled? Well that wasn't the case at DCA.

Hee hee hee....... I like DCA, but this just cracked me up for some reason.

When I heard the thing about the Hornets I jumped out of my seat and stood up to avoid the affect. Then, all of the sudden, a spider flys down from the roof and nearly hits me so I fall back down and kneel on the floor to avoid and other effects. I'm just not one for being creeped out or scared.

Oh my gosh, I can just picture this! :D