PDA

View Full Version : Halloween and Christmas overlay

Utahsogreatone
10-26-2007, 05:22 AM
I have never been during Halloween or Christmas time and usually go in off season when things are cheaper with less crowds. I heard last night a couple talk that on their last year trip to disneyland last year, their first two days had the Halloween overlay and then on the third day the went to the park and it was Christmas. I know that some of the rides close down for some time for the overlay but do you think it is possible to enjoy both in one, lets say 5 day trip? Is so do we know the day the Christmas overlay will happen?

Thanks!

DizneyMommy
10-26-2007, 07:22 AM
No. I don't even know how they did that, as it just does not happen that way. Halloween is over on 10/31 and will start coming down slowly, though anything that could be Fall rather than strictly Halloween (like Fall colored banners on Main St) will probably be the last to come down. Christmas does not even start appearing until Nov 9th when Small World opens and then it is not completely done until the 16th. Halloween comes down and Christmas up in stages and slowly, not overnight. Sorry.

Tisha
10-26-2007, 07:31 AM
If you have to pick one, pick Christmas! The Halloween stuff is cute, but the park at Christmas is just magical. It's my favorite time at Disneyland. :D

Park Freak
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
If you have to pick one, pick Christmas! The Halloween stuff is cute, but the park at Christmas is just magical. It's my favorite time at Disneyland. :D

I second that!! :D

kennythepirate
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm doing both!

evrythngwmn
10-27-2007, 03:31 AM
It is not an instaneous change but a could chunk of Halloween comes down Halloween night when the park closes and is replaced with Christmas. Heck some of the shops have already started phasing out Halloween and bringing in Christmas.