PDA

View Full Version : It's a Small World

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Undertaker72
07-16-2002, 01:43 PM
Does anybody know if Small world is opening up on schedule?

jason
07-16-2002, 02:08 PM
i don't care if it never opens . i just don't get it . it looks good and makes noise but the ride itself needs a good electrical fire .

i actually hate going on it ... and you people line up for it !!??

the footprint it takes up in the park could surely be used for something else , anything !!! .

DLfreak
07-16-2002, 02:15 PM
I think it's suppose to open back on July 27th, but I'm not positive. It wasn't looking like it would, but when I went by on the train last Friday they actually had the water back in...so that's a good sign. :) But it still looked like they had a lot of work to do.

Gemini Cricket
07-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
i don't care if it never opens . i just don't get it . it looks good and makes noise but the ride itself needs a good electrical fire .

i actually hate going on it ... and you people line up for it !!??

the footprint it takes up in the park could surely be used for something else , anything !!! .

Nice.:rolleyes: Start another thread. The topic is Small World's opening date.

Undertaker72-
According to the official Disneyland site: It reopens July 25th. :)

disguy
07-16-2002, 02:33 PM
I can't remember...has it been closed since after the Holidays?

Undertaker72
07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Ok thanks. I was just curious. 5 year old nephew is really anxious to go on. I just wish I can get him Pirates of the carribean. he is scared of it for some reason.

Ghoulish Delight
07-16-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by disguy
I can't remember...has it been closed since after the Holidays? No. It closed about a month or two ago. If memory served, it was scheduled to close mid-June or something for refurb, but it ended up closing a little earlier than scheduled.

roberts1398
07-16-2002, 03:33 PM
I was there on 5/11 (day before Mother's Day) and it was closed... can't say if it was after that or just for the day, tho...

I'm going in October and can't wait. Haven't been on Its a Small World in pushing 20 yrs... Taking my 7 yr old son for the 1st time. Too excited! :D

disguy
07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
yeah i was there in early April and it was closed.. I was there for Thanks Giv and it was still open.

Matterhorn Fan
07-16-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker72
Ok thanks. I was just curious. 5 year old nephew is really anxious to go on. I just wish I can get him Pirates of the carribean. he is scared of it for some reason. If he's scared, don't pressure him to go on. A few months ago I was in a boat with a family that took a very scared boy on Pirates with them (he must have been about 4 or 5). He was scared in the queue, and going past the Blue Bayou, he protested that he wanted to "go into the house." The parents told him after the first drop that it was "almost over" :rolleyes: (I talked to them for a little bit afterwards, and it turns out they hadn't been to DL in a long time, and didn't remember what Pirates was like) . The boy declared at the end of the ride that it was too scary for him, and that he'd go again when he was older, maybe when he was 16. :D

Back on topic: I hope Small World is open when you go. :)

newhdplayer
07-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Geez, Gemini. Lighten up just a tad.

"Nice. Start another thread. The topic is Small World's opening date."

MickeyD
07-16-2002, 11:16 PM
GC- I was going to PM you this, but given the last post on this thread I'll say it here. Way to go- you rock! :D :D

Um, last time I was there SW was closed. Wonder what they're doing to it.

zapppop
07-17-2002, 12:20 AM
It's A Small World closed on April 8th and is scheduled to re-open July 25th ( a week from Friday ). What amazes me is that it's been closed for 3 months and in that time they couldn't repaint the facade or even clean the dirt off it, yet they repainted the gift shop you exit through. It appears that the facade is the only part of the attraction that was neglected in this rehab. When the ride re-opens, expect to see new air gates.

honeymom
07-17-2002, 02:21 AM
Last year we took a 2 1/2 year old and 5 year old on Pirates at WDW and they loved it.

This year of course, the 2 1/2 year old is now 3 and 1/2 years old and doesn't want to go on it at Disneyland after seeing the Disneyland tape. I hope he changes his mind. He liked it so much at WDW that it is hard to fathom why he doesn't want to go on now. I think that he has finally gotten to that age where things scare him now.

The 5 year old, now 6, can't wait to go on it again.

roberts1398
07-17-2002, 08:11 AM
I agree with Gemini. There's a place for negativity (like when an opinion is asked -- or in your own thread), but this isn't it in my opinion! To each his own, tho...:(

zapppop
07-22-2002, 04:00 PM
:) IT'S A SMALL WORLD REOPENS THIS FRIDAY :)

HBTiggerFan
07-22-2002, 05:11 PM
[jumping up and down] Oh goodie! Air Gates! YIPPEE! YIPPEE! Air Gates!! YAY!!! I love air gates on all the rides!! They look soo prudy and stuff! Yippee!! Air gates! YIPPEE!!!!! [/jumping up and down] :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sarcasam for those of you who couldn't tell

roberts1398
07-22-2002, 05:17 PM
OK, today is my day not to understand lingo. What is the significance of airgates? Huh? I get that it's something people despise. But as I haven't been on IASW in over a decade, I can't for the life of me remember what it could be...

(In a discussion on the go-coaster, I think I finally figured out that OTSR is over the shoulder restraints, after several minutes of speculating.)

Techie7
07-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Airgates are the little gates that block you from entering the path of a ride vehicle before it is deemed safe by a castmember. They have been added to many of the rides recently. If you have been on BTM, Splash, Pirates recently you will see them. Basically they swing out to let people through and swing closed to keep people from falling onto the track, charging a ride vehicle, or landing in the water.

YEA small world is reopening. It has been a long time.

Nigel2
07-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm... actually that probably is a wise choice to put them on a ride like that since a kid could fall in and get injured if the parent isn't paying attention.(except that I hear the gates open eaisly when leaned on)

Techie7
07-22-2002, 09:15 PM
I have leaned on them and they have never opened. Though leaning on them is not recommended. I think they would not be installed if they did not keep people off/out of the track.

MonorailMan
07-23-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
I have leaned on them and they have never opened. Though leaning on them is not recommended. I think they would not be installed if they did not keep people off/out of the track.

Now I saw a girl lean on one on BTMR, and it flew open. She was OK, but that kind of startled me. :)

Techie7
07-23-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Now I saw a girl lean on one on BTMR, and it flew open. She was OK, but that kind of startled me. :)

REALLY??? Interesting. I will not be leaning on them anymore. :( (Not that you should lean on them in the first place... sometimes it just happens)

Techie7
07-23-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

REALLY??? Interesting. I will not be leaning on them anymore. :( (Not that you should lean on them in the first place... sometimes it just happens)

priyanka59
07-23-2002, 10:23 AM
Well I really do hope that they open small world on schedule because me and my best friend are going to disneyland for 3 days from the 25th to the 27th and we were really hoping the new small world would be open.