PDA

View Full Version : Company D

cyby
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Yesterday, a friend of mine gave me a friends and family pass to Company D for November. What should I be expecting there?

BTW, yesterday was pretty empty at DL. I imagine the dust and smoke was keeping everyone away.

Thanks in advance!

-cyby

Gone2Disneyland
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
A variety of Disneyland and WDW clothing, toys, knickknacks, candy, and collectibles at discount prices. It's a nicer version with sometimes a better (or available earlier) selection than what's offered at Disney Clearance Warehouse stores. I bought a nice Disneyland jacket there and the friends I brought with me got some of their Christmas shopping started too. Enjoy!

PanFan
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Lots of stuff! Most of the stuff is at least 50% off the retail cost you'd pay at the park. There are lots of clothes, but they also have books, toys, knick knacks, bags. They just moved to a new building with a warehouse section attached that has stuff from the hotels. I got two nice plates for $3 each. They have glasses, teapots, water pitchers, even some dressers from GC! At least they did a few weeks ago when I last went. Enjoy!

bloodnswash
10-26-2007, 04:50 AM
I had the honor of getting to go to Company D 3 times during the 50th. I bought so many awesome goodies! What fun I had shopping! And the people that work there are so sweet. You are in for a treat...Have fun!

yellowrosedtxn
10-26-2007, 05:57 AM
This sounds like a wonderful place to go. I wish I lived in CA so I could work at DL and be able to shop at this place. I think though I would have to win the lotto because my whole paycheck would be spent back at Disneyland. Hmmmm Well, one of these days maybe!

tod
10-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Yesterday, a friend of mine gave me a friends and family pass to Company D for November. What should I be expecting there?

Imagine the Character Warehouse with better stuff. There are goodies galore, including colectibles, pins, and TONS of clothing.

Last year, as the 50th anniversary was winding down, we scored the big Shag litho park map, original price $400, at half-price and that was discounted another 40 percent on a sale that was going on so we got it for a rock-bottom $120. :D

Bring cash and trunk space.

--t

DisneyJenn
10-27-2007, 08:26 AM
So, Company D is new to me...

How to I get to go there (someone mentioned passes)... do you have to have a pass? If so, how do I get one? Where is it located?

Any info helpful... I spend more on souviners than on the trip usually... it's a really bad habit! Any money I save on souviners, means I can go back to the park more!!

Gracias!

pixar
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM

How to I get to go there (someone mentioned passes)... do you have to have a pass? If so, how do I get one? Where is it located?

Any info helpful... I spend more on souviners than on the trip usually... it's a really bad habit! Any money I save on souviners, means I can go back to the park more!!

Gracias!

you have to be a cast member, or a friend or relative of one, to get in. I didn't know they had even had passes.

tod
10-27-2007, 11:58 AM

It is, basically, the company store for Disney employees, mostly Disneyland but all are welcome.

You get a pass by getting a job at Disney. Or having a friend who will get you in.

It is on a public street near Disneyland, but there is no point telling you where it is. It is as impenetrable as Club 33. And, like Club 33, if you have access you are welcomed.

--t

cyby
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Gracias!

I had a CM friend offer me a friends & family pass, so I took it :D

PanFan
10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Occasionally Disney offers Friends and Family passes that are good during a certain month and will allow the holder and one guest to enter Company D without the CM present. It's very limited in the number of passes we can get for each promotion (usually 2 passes that will each allow 2 in).

annabelsgmom
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
We heard about Company D while having a conversation abouts Pins, with a cast member and a non cast member. Are you sure you have to be a cast member because this pin trader is not a cast member and he had just bought pins from there. The store just moved, does anyone know where.?

pixar
11-07-2007, 07:01 AM
We heard about Company D while having a conversation abouts Pins, with a cast member and a non cast member. Are you sure you have to be a cast member because this pin trader is not a cast member and he had just bought pins from there. The store just moved, does anyone know where.?

you can't get into company d without being a disney employee. everytime I've been there, they check to make sure you have the right to be there. I haven't seen any exceptions made. you can go in with an employee and buy as much as you want though, even if you're not a cast member.

evrythngwmn
11-07-2007, 10:16 AM

It could be that he's such a regular that he has befriended CMs who will accompany him to Company D. I know some other regulars that CMs have done this for.

bloodnswash
11-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Occasionally Disney offers Friends and Family passes that are good during a certain month and will allow the holder and one guest to enter Company D without the CM present. It's very limited in the number of passes we can get for each promotion (usually 2 passes that will each allow 2 in).

This is how we got in to Company D on our first visit. Tony...you are awesome! Thanks for making a dream of mine come true!!! After that, we befriended a Company D CM...and he invited us in the other two times. He, too, is one awesome gentleman!!!

RikiGB
11-08-2007, 03:33 PM
you can't get into company d without being a disney employee. everytime I've been there, they check to make sure you have the right to be there. I haven't seen any exceptions made. you can go in with an employee and buy as much as you want though, even if you're not a cast member.

It is true you must be invited by a CM and accompanied by one to go to Company D or get a pass from one. You do not have to be an employee of Disney to go. In Nov. and Dec CMs can give out passes to friends or relatives. and they are good for that month and allow two people to go shopping. You can go in with the pass w/o a CM. You must show your pass to get in and you must show it and surrender it when you make your purchase, however I have had my pass returned to me by very friendly CM's there several times and invited to come again. I just went on a pass Tues. and they did take the pass from me. They have moved into a bigger building and hope to be able to carry more collectibles and other merchandise that is in WoD for example. All merchandise there is at least 50% off with some things up to 75% off like watches and pins. Pins are $3 ea and most are $6.95-$10.95 ea and are the same pins in the pin trading shops. I have a good friend whose daughter works at DL and frequently get passes from him. Most people don't even know this exists and it is mainly for the CM's and family as their Team Center is there also where they can buy things like clothining, CM only pins, lanyards, park discount tickets and other exclusive items for CM's only.

WITron
11-14-2007, 09:09 AM
I remember the old days, when Company D was located in a trailer just past the entrance on harbor.

casual labor
11-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I remember the old days, when Company D was located in a trailer just past the entrance on harbor.

Me too, I have a picture somewhere of my DD sitting on what looks to be a shed type structure right outside while we were waiting for someone to finish shopping. She was about 2 years old which means Company D was still in a trailer 10 years ago.