PDA

View Full Version : Eating with Dinosaurs

Lost Boy
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I hope our Downtown Disney gets this too. We did get a Rainforest Cafe so since this is the same company maybe will we get one too. I would love to eat in a place like this.:) This came from Disney News.

Two life-size dinosaurs will grace the outside and dozens more robotic dinosaurs will decorate the interior of the T-Rex restaurant and store under construction at Downtown Disney.

The restaurant, slated to open next fall in Downtown Disney's Marketplace section, will be the second in a new chain designed by Steven Schussler, who created Rainforest Cafe, and developed in partnership with Landry's Restaurants. The 30,000-square-foot project, much larger than the Kansas City, Kan., prototype, will include a cocktail bar, a 3,500-square-foot retail shop and enough educational and entertaining decor to qualify as an attraction, Schussler said.

"We've got over 35 different dinosaurs on the inside, a quarter of a million dollars in fossils embedded in the men's room and ladies' room, with educational comments so you can learn about them. Most of that stuff in there is literally 45 [million to] 80 million years old," Schussler said.

shawnarae
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
How cool....my son will be in heaven

Pirate Princess
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I hope our Downtown Disney gets this too. We did get a Rainforest Cafe so since this is the same company maybe will we get one too. I would love to eat in a place like this.:) This came from Disney News.

I'm sorry, I am a bit confused... is this going in Florida or California?

Gone2Disneyland
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, I am a bit confused... is this going in Florida or California?

Florida, according to the TRexCafe website (http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Findus.html). :( for me, :) for our Florida cousins.

Pirate Princess
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Florida, according to the TRexCafe website (http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Findus.html). :( for me, :) for our Florida cousins.

Thanks for clarifying. It would be wonderful to get one here.... at my house. Forget Downtown Disney... I would be the coolest mom ever (until he became a teenager)

biolabetty
10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
It was originally supposed to be open when we go to WDW next year, but it's been pushed back to the end of the year. I really wanted to go there.:(

tripodjw
10-24-2007, 01:02 AM
And there was me opening the thread thinking it was eating with Earl, Fran, Charlene, Robbie and the Baby (I assume you all remember Dinosaurs tv show from the 90's)

In fcat i remember there being a Dinosaurs (the tv show again) parade at MGM studios in the early 90's.

man i love that show.