PDA

View Full Version : Is I-5 open with all the fires?

kohl
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
We are drving from Northern CA this Thursday and I didn't know if they had closed any part of I-5 with the fires going on. I wasn't sure if the fires were all South of Disneyland or if we might hit any of it.

daveywest
10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/hi.htm

You can enter any highway on this website and get current information.

daveywest
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
opps

PanFan
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
There's a few major ones in the Santa Clarita area (just over the Grapevine), but have not resulted in I-5 closures. You should be fine unless the winds change.

renodlandlover
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
What are things like at DLR? Smokey? Horrible? We have a trip planned for this weekend (also driving down the 5 on Thursday afternoon/night) and meeting family from Iowa to go to DL/DCA. Thoughts from you locals?

Jennie

JadaB
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
We also are from N. CA and drove I-5 home last night from DL and experienced no closures (lots of smoke from the sky!), so I think you will be ok. But, as you probably already have, I would check right before you leave..but like I said we experienced no problems driving home from the resort and didn't see any problems w/ traffic going towards it.

khill821
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
What are things like at DLR? Smokey? Horrible? We have a trip planned for this weekend (also driving down the 5 on Thursday afternoon/night) and meeting family from Iowa to go to DL/DCA. Thoughts from you locals?

Jennie

DLR is a little smoky and warm but overall very enjoyable. We were there Sunday and Monday. The crowds on at DL Monday were very light. Longest wait for anything but Nemo was 15 minutes.

We live in San Diego and had no problems on I-5. Most of the coastal cumminities are fine and the roads are now open.

tlovesdis
10-24-2007, 07:05 AM
I just heard this morning that I5 is closed between LA ans San Diego in both directions, so as long as you aren't planning on hitting SD you will be fine!

kiki
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I just heard that part of the I-5 has opened back up.

lisap
10-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Both sides of the 5 freeway are now open, but the fires in Camp Pendleton are still burning like crazy. Lots of smoke as you head through that area--be careful driving to DL or down to San Diego from Disneyland.

It's supposed to cool down a lot tomorrow and friday up at DL. Since we are still off of school we might make the trip up there and get away from the smoke here in SD.

DizneyMommy
10-25-2007, 07:50 AM
The 5 is open now, but I have heard on the news that the wild animal park and Legoland are closed at least thru Friday, and then it may be longer depending on where the fire is. If you were planning on doing those this weekend I would check ahead (but I would avoid going there at all, too much smoke and the 300,000 evacuees and thousands of fire fighters need the freeways more than we do)