PDA

View Full Version : Is Disneyland In Any Danger [from the Orange County fires]?

dittersdorf
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Even though I've lived in SOCAL all my life, I'm still not certain about OC geography....does anyone know, is Disneyland in any danger from the Irvine fire? I was at the park on Sunday night, and the person I was with said she could actually smell the smoke (I didn't -- but my sense of smell is poor). Anyone know the latest update and if there's any chance of the fire spreading to Anaheim?
I am deeply concerned about everyone and everything else that is being touched by these fires; but Disneyland's sort of like my second home.

nsaul1211
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM
nope, not in any danger. Irvine is roughly 10 miles from Anaheim, so if the fire reached DLand, it would have to go through at least Tustin and Santa Ana.

Rufus T Firefly
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
There are two chances of the fire spreading to DL.

1. Slim

2. None

pisces
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
How can you say that?

On a day like today....with all the ash blowing around, the winds and heat......one dropped cigarette could lead to tragedy.

Hint: The GCA Christmas Tree (2005)

I'm nowhere near the fires. I'm probably as far away from mountain/canyon areas as you can get. I'm indoors, and yet I can't even breathe.

I can't imagine what it's like for someone at Disneyland....with asthma !

adriennek
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
is Disneyland in any danger from the Irvine fire?

No.

Adrienne

Bytebear
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
The reason Disneyland is not in danger has more to do with the what is there, than where it is. The areas being affected are on the edge of wilderness where nothing gets watered, and where no natural firebreaks exist. To get to Disneyland, you would have to go through cities that have green belts as well as firebreaks (freeways and major roads). All the houses that are in danger are literally on the edge of the wilderness.

shawnarae
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok, then a similar but different question....will the fire affect anyone driving in this weekend from Az to Disneyland? Are any routes closed?

When I first read this post I was hoping someone would say what it was like today at Disneyland...ash, smoke, windy, hazy, hard to breath?

adriennek
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Ok, then a similar but different question....will the fire affect anyone driving in this weekend from Az to Disneyland? Are any routes closed?

I-15 is closed at various points. If you're trying to arrive from the south (San Diego County,) depending on how the fire-fighting progresses, you could run into trouble. If you're coming from I-10/the 60, you shouldn't have any trouble. Coming in from Vegas could be tough depending on what's happening in Devore/San Bernardino/the Cajon Pass.

When I first read this post I was hoping someone would say what it was like today at Disneyland...ash, smoke, windy, hazy, hard to breath?

That's what it was like east of Disneyland today, I can tell you that much. ;)

Adrienne

BQ2
10-23-2007, 05:06 AM

We live in San Diego. It is a mess right now. Stay away. Use route 10 and you will be OK :)

BQ2

pisces
10-23-2007, 07:27 AM
No.

Adrienne

The air-quality is obscene right now. Schools in both Los Angeles and Orange County are urging students to stay inside:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-air23oct23,0,3565277.story?coll=la-home-center

Clearly, Park-goers are going to be effected by these conditions.

adriennek
10-23-2007, 07:37 AM
The air-quality is obscene right now. Schools in both Los Angeles and Orange County are urging students to stay inside:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-air23oct23,0,3565277.story?coll=la-home-center

Clearly, Park-goers are going to be effected by these conditions.

Yes, schools in Riverside County are staying inside, too.

But - Disneyland is not in danger of burning down. That was the question asked:

"Anyone know the latest update and if there's any chance of the fire spreading to Anaheim?"

Adrienne

dawnid
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
WDW is in more danger of burning down right now than DL. There is lots ash and the smell is nasty but no danger just unpleasantness and sadness for others. About the only benefit of being in the middle of an urban area is no danger of brush fires. If DL burns shut the doors and turn out the lights cause CA is gone.

My hopes and prayers go out to all affected.

CaliDreamen'
10-23-2007, 11:34 PM
God Bless you all in CA!!!! I am watching Nightline tonight and I can not belive the devistation.:crying:

How close are the fires to DL?

stan4d_steph
10-24-2007, 05:24 AM
How close are the fires to DL?Your thread has been merged. See above for previous discussion.

Karin
10-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Anyone been recently? I have friends coming down this weekend to DL and wonder about the air quality.

dz4dsny
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
By the weekend, the fires should be better contained, it will be cooler and more humid, which will help the firefighters. May still be a little smoky but shouldn't be bad. Already, here in San Bernardino where it's really smoky, the winds have come to a stop, which is allowing the water dropping planes to start flying again.

pisces
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Anyone been recently? I have friends coming down this weekend to DL and wonder about the air quality.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-smoke25oct25,0,2048865.story?coll=la-home-center

Bad idea to be outside, for now.