PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight ticket rumors

hefferdude
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
It was mentioned today that Ticket.com may be handling the dinner packages for CP. I went to Ticket.com with the notion to pre-register.
Am I missing something or is T.C. a dog pile style nexus for a whole bunch of ticket outlets. I could not find anywhere to create an account without purchasing something. :( (btw - dinner package prices seem the same as last year. )

Darkbeer
10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Here is the link to pre-register, nothing needs to be bought, but they will verify your credit card info.

https://onsale.tickets.com/buy/PatronReg

hefferdude
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
A thousand blankets in your tent for the response Sir DB.
I was assuming www.Tickets.com. Like we have always said while at DL
" Never hurts to ask nicely." We are on it.:)

The Blue Parrot
10-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Tickets dot com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Major League Baseball with home offices located in Costa Mesa, CA. Their major call center for this kind of event sales located in Concord, CA.

As a warning, all ticket sales provided by Tickets will include a processing fee per ticket and a handling fee (to cover mailing the tickets to you). That fee may add up to $15 or more. And you will likely have to pay in full for the choice you make at the time you buy, rather than when you dine at your restaurant of choice.

Better you know up front. Tickets ain't doing this for free.

hefferdude
10-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, in for a penny,
in for a pound.

K & S
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Is it confirmed that this is the way tickets for the CP will be sold?

stan4d_steph
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
As far as I know, it's still a rumor.

Information was in yesterday's MousePlanet DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl071022xx#news2).

The Blue Parrot
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
If... if, Tickets.com does indeed handle the sale for this event, it will be strictly online and not through their call center(s).

That much I know right now.

kennythepirate
10-24-2007, 07:40 PM
How early do you think you should reserve a spot for SRO on Main St for the Sunday performance? Don't really want to do the dinner thing.

Malcon10t
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
How early do you think you should reserve a spot for SRO on Main St for the Sunday performance? Don't really want to do the dinner thing.4-6 hours? Last year some were staking out from opening.

THpoohbear
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I've gone to the CP two years out of the last four. Both times I showed up a couple hours early, maybe even later, and both times I've found a great viewing spot (standing). I could see the whole thing and the narrator. I really think it's not worth waiting from opening. A few hours should be more than plenty.

The Blue Parrot
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Cast Members kept things pretty well in order around the town square during the day for set up. Folks who were waiting did so orderly and some even got seats for their efforts. Most of the folks who found a place were there less than a couple of hours in advance.

lala1486
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Anyone know if they are still offering two times like last year? From the sound of it if you went to the earlier one you had to have dinner at 3pm so Id like to know what to expect

AVP
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Since the Disneyland Park Update was delayed until tomorrow, let me post what I found out about Candlelight.

Tickets will be sold through www.disneyland.com/candlelight (http://www.disneyland.com/candlelight) starting at 10:00 am on November 19th. (Note: this is the same day that the 2008 DVC members cruise goes on sale, so people planning to do both - and you know who you are - are going to need to do some serious multi-tasking that morning). Disney is not using Tickets.com to sell the tickets - I don't know if that rumor was false to begin with, or if plans changed. No word whether Disney has upgraded the server that caused all the problems last year.

The basic operation is similar to last year. You will need to choose either the early or the late show, and you will be eating before the show again. (Stupid, stupid, stupid) The prices are $125, $100 or $75 per person, depending on which restaurant you book, and there are no kids prices offered. Each restaurant will have a special multi-course limited menu. Alcoholic beverages are not included. All prices include tax and tip, and you'll get your ticket after your meal.

Here's the major change: you can book up to 6 tickets per transaction, and each transaction will be seated as a table. Reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable. You can not add people from another transaction to your table. So, if you and your friends want to dine together, you'll need to have one person buy the tickets for your entire group, or else you'll be split up. (I'm really not sure how they'll handle people who book "1" ticket, but this is what I was told)

Hope this helps.

AVP

lala1486
10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks so much AVP!

One more question: Between Hook's and Storyteller's is there much of a difference/are either better? And is the Vineyard Room a big jump from these two/ worth the extra money?

kennythepirate
10-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Is this event for AP holders (and family and friends) only? Were you required to show your AP before entering the restaurant? I have one, so it's no big deal. I have a friend who wanted to see if I can book a ressie for her (non AP).

Burnt Toast
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't get why eating before the show is stupid.

stan4d_steph
10-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't get why eating before the show is stupid.Because the early seating is then very early for most people to be eating dinner.

AVP
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't get why eating before the show is stupid.When I'm shelling out $150 for a very nice dinner at the Napa Rose, I don't want to eat said very nice dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon. That's not even dinner by Florida retirement home standards, that's a late lunch.

I pay less than $150 for dinner at Napa Rose when I go there on my own, and I get to choose when I eat. If I'm paying a premium, I'd at least like to have dinner during dinnertime.

There is no reason AT ALL that Disney can't charge me the $150 like they currently do, send me my Candlelight seating voucher by e-mail like they did with my Mickey's Halloween Treat tickets, and let me book a Napa Rose reservation after the show. But they don't want to do that because this system guarantees them an extra "turn" at Napa Rose and the other five restaurants participating in the promotion.

None of those restaurants are full at 3:30 on a normal Saturday. By forcing people who book this package into eating before the shows, they are ensuring that all of the Candlelight people are out of the participating restaurants by 7 or so. So they've just filled six restaurants TWICE, at $75-$150 per head, and still have the rest of the evening service to go.

It's a sweet deal for them, but it sucks for consumers. And before anyone reminds me, yes, I perfectly understand that nobody is forced to book this package. I get that. Everyone knows going in that requesting the early show means you'll be eating "dinner" in the late afternoon. I'm sure that turns a lot of people off, but not so many that Disney won't sell out. Disney has no incentive to change what they are doing with this program, but it doesn't mean it's the most customer-friendly approach they could take.

AVP

hefferdude
10-30-2007, 12:24 PM
As with last year, customers will dine before their chosen Candlelight performance, so those who request tickets for the earlier show will once again be sitting down for dinner around 3:30 in the afternoon. In the earlier years of the program, when diners would receive their performance tickets only after meeting a specific spending threshold at a participating restaurant, it was slightly more understandable that Disney would require guests to dine before the show. However, the new fixed-price ticket and set menu eliminates that operational requirement. Disney should be able to send each customer their performance tickets as soon as their reservation is confirmed, and allow diners to set their dinner reservations before or after the performance as they prefer. :confused:

It absolutely would be much nicer to be able to request a specific time for dinner. :)

None of those restaurants are full at 3:30 on a normal Saturday. By forcing people who book this package into eating before the shows, they are ensuring that all of the Candlelight people are out of the participating restaurants by 7 or so. So they've just filled six restaurants TWICE, at $75-$150 per head, and still have the rest of the evening service to go.

Here's the problem - I'm afraid they may see it as the first performance CP guests trying to sit down for dinner - after the first performance - about the same time as guest with tickets to the second performance trying to have dinner before the performance. But, since it is ( or was ) a set menu of 3 choices which really limits the degree of complexity, I think Disney could handle the load. IMHO.

Is this event for AP holders (and family and friends) only? Were you required to show your AP before entering the restaurant? I have one, so it's no big deal. I have a friend who wanted to see if I can book a ressie for her (non AP).

According to the most recent print, nothing states an AP is not required but Ap holders registered with Disney.com will receive some sort of announcement email. I am not suggesting this gives them any sort of purchase priority. Not yet.

In response to another post asking which place is better for dinner, your budget and makeup of your group will ultimately be the best determining factor.

We have been big Hook's Point (sp) fans for many years but that's just us.

kennythepirate
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Times are now on disneyland.com calendar

The Candlelight Procession & Ceremony 5:30pm 8:00pm

lala1486
10-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the response to my question asking whether Hook's, Storyteller's or Vineyard room is better. Can anyone else share their opinions/what was on the menu last year?

As for budget we don't want to pay for Napa Rose but will spring for Vineyard Room if it's much of a difference. Group would be 4 people: 2 adults, 1 teen and one preteen.

hefferdude
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Hefferdude- According to the most recent print, nothing states an AP is not required but Ap holders registered with Disney.com will receive some sort of announcement email. I am not suggesting this gives them any sort of purchase priority. Not yet.

I just re-read my answer - I meant to say there isn't anything that states an AP is required. Sorry if it read wrong.

IMHOP - we enjoyed Hook's as we have requested the same waiter for the last three years. He even showed us a great hidden mickey inside the entrance. Can't remember the menu but my wife caught the flu just before the day of the performance. They carefully boxed up her entire dinner for us to take back to her. She really appreciated it.

spectromen
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM

AVP

And I'm thinking, like in the case of the Vineyard Room, they're not even normally open until 5:00, which will mean they have to call in extra help or have the regulars work extra hours, which will make them cranky...I just hope most of that is overlooked by the guests who shelled out $100 to eat!