PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign to save Sleeping Beauty

Niwel
06-11-2001, 07:36 PM
Today I noticed a Fantasyland CM turning the turnstyle numerous times at Sleepling Beauty's castle and I approached her because it is something I often do.

She said that she loves the Castle and turns the turnstyle whenever she can. (She works at one of carts in the courtyard). She said that a lot of CMs feel that way and because of the "high attendance" around Xmas at the castle, that they are actually going to rehab the castle!!!

She said they have begun making a NEW dragon for the Malificent scene that was taken out years ago. But, she will continue upping the attendance until it actually gets done.

So I am pleading on behalf of all the Sleeping Beauty castle lovers that whenever you or someone you knows goes to DL, go through the castle and turn the turnstyle an extra 5-10 times for every person in your party.

If we all work together, we can keep the castle open AND CLEAN for future generations.:)

Napsto
06-11-2001, 08:11 PM
riiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttt!

just kidding nice idea

Morrigoon
06-11-2001, 08:39 PM
I do that too!
I *love* the castle!

I will be FURIOUS if they redo Aurora in a hideous pink dress though! I can't buy Aurora merchandise because they're always pushing the pink gown... and she's my fave princess, how awful is that?

(You'd think they'd sell more briar rose stuff at least)

Wouldn't it be great if once in a while they'd have the princesses in their rags in the park?

Napsto
06-12-2001, 05:16 PM
i think that would creep little girls out.

rob
06-13-2001, 07:03 AM
I think they should have the Villainesses do storytelling. Imagine having the Queen from Snow White tell her side of the story.

EandCDad
06-13-2001, 11:56 AM
Another good way to increase the attendance to the Castle up is to GO IN THE FREAKIN ATTRACTION. If you want them to spend a few bucks on it, you should take the time to spend 10 minutes in the thing every time you go, then turn the turnstile 10 times as you leave. When you bring out of town friends and family members to the park take them there after your done with Star Tours and Indy and Splash Mountain.

lisap
06-13-2001, 01:54 PM
Oh, I would Love it if they spiffed up this attraction! This is the centerpiece of the park! It is disgraceful that they rehab all other attractions yearly but leave SB Castle to rot--worse than the Tiki Room, worse than Haunted Mansion, worse than the bathrooms next to the picnic area.

True,eandc , please go in the attraction and then let city hall you would like to see improvements. If we all did it maybe something good would come of it.

dalen
06-13-2001, 02:17 PM
My wife and I made a special point of going thru the Castle when we were there in May, and after spinning the turnstile about a dozen times each, we noticed that the visible counter on the turnstile never moved.

Is there an internal counter that's not visible?
:confused:

Matterhorn Fan
06-14-2001, 06:35 AM
Funny, last time I went into the walk-through, it was very crowded in there! Maybe it was you guys?

LuvTDL
06-14-2001, 11:44 AM
OH my gosh.. I love that attraction!
But silly me, I never thought about turning the turnstile - do you have to turn it both when you go IN and out? or just the one at the entrance???

I'll go to City Hall and complain too.. =)

Niwel
06-14-2001, 12:15 PM
You only turn it when you leave the castle. So if no one is behind you, you can turn it a few times and I assure you, the CMs in the area won't try to stop you (although you might get some strange looks from other guests passing by.

A lot of people don't even know the castle has a walk-through diorama because it isn't on the map and outside of the awening and door, there aren't any signs. I'll somethimes stand near it an encourage people to go in.

Matterhorn Fan
06-14-2001, 12:59 PM
Niwel, that's so good of you to plug the attraction! You'd think the people working that souvenier stand right next to it could do the same thing, as could the people working the villain and princess shops. Also, I've heard the CMs working Pinnocchio do trivia and such things to keep the people in line (and probably themselves) entertained, they could suggest a visit to SBC on your way out of that ride.

Or DL could just splurge for a larger canopy over that door.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Is Sleeping Beauty Castle open anymore? I heard that it was closed down recently for security reasons. It was something I always liked to do, even if it just meant walking through, glancing at the dioramas.

zapppop
02-07-2002, 04:22 PM
they were planning to close it for a rehab in late winter/ early spring and reopen it in summer but decided to close it early after Sept. 11th out of fear it could be a target.

It's scheduled to reopen JUNE 29TH or 30TH ( I forget which )

tinkfreak
02-07-2002, 05:01 PM
I so agree with you about the pink dress. Aurora is my "other" favorite, but don't tell anyone 'casue Tink's terrible jealous...

As for the princesses in their rags, Belle apears in her blue dress with white apron every once in a while. When I asked one why she doesn't do it more often she said too many guests thought she was Alice. Idiots!

At least Aurora appears in her blue dress in the park...