PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic on Weekdays in Nov... Strange?

Pirate Princess
10-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Is it strange that Fantasmic is going from Mon, Nov 12 to Thurs, Nov 15?

Isn't it supposed to be off-season? Or does Disney expect an increase in crowds for this week? (Which worries me since that is when we are going... but as always I love to predict the worst crowd-wise and be happy when it is not as bad as I imagine.)

Any insight would be great.

samkj
10-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I believe Fantasmic is showing all week since the parade isn't running. They will be making the switch over to the Christmas parade which begins the 16th.

Toocherie
10-20-2007, 06:20 AM
I made priority seating arrangements for Fantasmic for Monday Nov. 19th. They are showing it at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. So maybe they're continuing it throughout the holiday?

Pirate Princess
10-20-2007, 06:33 AM
The week of the 19th does not surprise me as much since that is the actual holiday week... and may be "normal" if I remember correctly.

Samjk - thanks... that makes sense.

DizneyMommy
10-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Monday the 12th is also Vet's day and that day will be very very crowded... just FYI

Pirate Princess
10-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Monday the 12th is also Vet's day and that day will be very very crowded... just FYI

Oooohhh I forgot that Vet's day was changed this year. Thanks for the heads up! Luckily we are going later in the week but still with Vet's day starting off the week and many people have the whole next week off for Thanksgiving, I'm sure there will be extra people throughout the week making it a two week break.

Probably a big reason for F! going on that week.

DizneyMommy
10-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Oooohhh I forgot that Vet's day was changed this year. Thanks for the heads up! Luckily we are going later in the week but still with Vet's day starting off the week and many people have the whole next week off for Thanksgiving, I'm sure there will be extra people throughout the week making it a two week break.

Probably a big reason for F! going on that week.

Changed? It is always November 11th, and is observed on the closest Monday or Friday. I don't think anything changed unless we missed something

olegc
10-20-2007, 03:18 PM
DLR I believe starts their Holiday hours schedule (early open, late close) on November 16th - which is why you will get 2 shows of Fantasmic on 11/19.

As far as week of the 12th.. the park is open late on that day but then back to 8pm close rest of the week (up to 16th)..

Pirate Princess
10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
DLR I believe starts their Holiday hours schedule (early open, late close) on November 16th - which is why you will get 2 shows of Fantasmic on 11/19.

As far as week of the 12th.. the park is open late on that day but then back to 8pm close rest of the week (up to 16th)..

Yes, it does close early... but still there is F! Hence my post of "Strange"

As for Vet's day... Here is a brief explanation from wikipedia
When holidays in the United States, with the exception of New Year's Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and Independence Day were moved to Mondays to create long holiday weekends, the celebration was moved to the fourth Monday of October. After protests by veterans groups, it was moved back to November 11 in order to make the holiday more important. It had the opposite effect. Even though it is a federal and state holiday, it is formally observed in most parts of the United States only by government offices and banks. Some schools and almost all businesses stay open on regular schedules. Most public transit systems thus stay on regular schedules. Most businesses cite the holiday's proximity to Thanksgiving (when many businesses close for a four-day weekend) as the main reason for staying open on Veterans Day, but some schools and most businesses also stay open on Columbus Day, a full month earlier.

This year since it fell on a Sunday there was a huge hubabolooo about whether schools and other government agencies should get Monday off. Last year we did not get it off (it was on a Sat.) and this year we do. Maybe it was more of a local hubaboloo. That is why I said it "changed."