PDA

View Full Version : Que Es Cars Land?

ladodgerjon
10-19-2007, 06:47 PM
From looking at the DCA Improvement Program articles in the LA Times and the OC Chronicle, I'm having a wee bit of a problem:

I can't really tell where Cars Land is going.

It sorta looks like it will inhabit the area now used for the Timon lot.

Is that possible? I thought that parcel was still a leased piece of land...

Maybe I'm reading the illustrations incorrectly, and Cars Land will squeeze into part of the backstage area and alongside California Scream'in.

Anyone have a better understanding of the coming layout?

Bytebear
10-19-2007, 07:17 PM
From what I have read, I believe it will be in the Timon lot with entrances to the left of Tower of Terror as well as the gate between the Tortilla Factory and BugsLand (near First Aid). It would make a great loop between the two areas. It also will probably have a path for the parade which is not going to go through the new entrance plaza area. My personal hope is that they take the berm area and add a hotell, or better yet, a little motel where the rooms are shaped like traffic cones/Teepees like they were in the movie. That would be cool.

UsBurchs
10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
or better yet, a little motel where the rooms are shaped like traffic cones/Teepees like they were in the movie. That would be cool.

OH OH! I LOVE that idea - I would stay there. How fun!

DizneyMommy
10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
One entrance WILL be near the tortilla factory, FYI... they already have a sign up there, I saw it a few weeks ago and can't remember what it said exactly, it may have more insinuated what was going in and I just put 2 and 2 together, but I am pretty sure it said something about Cars.

Darkbeer
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes, Cars Land will be built in the Timon Lot, it will take up 12 acres of space, and will have two entrances.

houseofmouse
10-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Thought it kinda looked like 3 entrances. One by Tower, one through Bugs Land and one by the Tortilla factory. If not 3 then where for the two? :confused:

Darkbeer
10-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Based on this graphic from the OC Register...

http://www.ocregister.com/news/disney-city-anaheim-1895891-california-movie

There might be three, it is not clear if they will remove the Emergency exit gates near the Bumper Cars.

Leap for Joy
10-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Any ideas how far the trolley will travel? I'd really like a ride down to Cali Screamin' some days!

carolinakid
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
...donde estara Cars Land? I mean we basically know WHAT it is... I'm confused...

Lost Boy
10-21-2007, 02:14 PM
It will be a 12 acre "Land" based on the Pixar Movie. It will have two to three attractions also based on the movie. A race through the wild area, a "Flying Saucer" type ride only using tires and a Mater ride. It all will take up a lot of land and will be quite nice as far as themeing and use of land.

mckygirl99
10-22-2007, 07:23 AM
In 2012 my DS will be five years old. Perfect timing huh? I can't wait to play in Carsland with him but I think my DH is even more excited. My DD loved Test Track in EPCOT so I hope the new ride is alot like that.

YEAH!!!!

hefferdude
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm struggling with the idea of themeing a "land" on a single movie. An attraction yes but an entire land (?) Walt Disney's genius was in themes based on concepts ie "adventure, frontier, fantasy and tomorrow." I know he had many other concepts and ideas that were abandoned or kept for later review as well.

It just seems like the current trend has DLR headed towards "Lassiterland" or the like. Short term ideas for short term returns. :(

Lost Boy
10-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Being that California Residents are obsessed with the Car Culture, I can see a whole land devoted to this great little movie. I finally got around to watching the DVD not too long ago, and I really loved it. So I think this is something that maybe DCA (or whatever it ends up being named), really needs. I can see where at least three rides/attractions could be made from this one movie, so why not create a big place to put it all. And the size alone of the Racing Ride will require a huge amount of land, look at EPCOT and that Park's Racing car, it is huge. So why not build a whole area, or land, to set it in. I think it's going to be the most talked about area when all is said and done.

lofosho
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
When the biggest struggle facing Disneyland expansion has been lack of space, doesn't it seem silly to waste 12 acres of space on one semi-popular film? I really don't see this having any longevity. In 20 years, no one is going to care about Cars!

ugh, they should just make a "pixar-land", and shove all of the pixar stuff over there, so I never have to go!:D

Bytebear
10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
The NASCAR obsessed midwest would definitely take a trip to Disneyland to go see a land dedicated to Cars. They love the theme and the movie. Sure, Californians don't care all that much, but Disney already has that audience. They want a broader demographic, beyond princesses and fairy tales.

hefferdude
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
And the size alone of the Racing Ride will require a huge amount of land, look at EPCOT and that Park's Racing car, it is huge.

Not that it might not be fun but basicly we get a rethemed GM Test Track populated by a throng of cheeseheads. Oy!:p

Darkbeer
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Let's see, Cars 2 is coming out in 2012, so it was popular enought to make a sequel.

Yes, a new attraction using the Test Track ride system, which needs a large space for all the track that wil need to be laid, 2 other attractions (I can't wait for the Flying Saucers to open), a new dining option, which has been popular in Orlando (The Drive-In Theater theme), and of course, shops, at least one that will specialize in the Cars Merchandise, which is VERY popular, and new items keep being released.

Who knows, maybe they are just trying to make Al Lutz happy, he is a big time Cars merchandise collector.

Lost Boy
10-22-2007, 02:02 PM
First, Cars was one of the biggest franchises for boys that Pixar has had yet. And they need something for the young males as a franchise that is theirs and not borrowed from Lucas Films, like Jedi Academy.

And to tell the truth, how many people around here can afford a week long stay at WDW anymore. In all the years since the Magic Kingdom opened in Florida, I have only been able to go 3 times, and each visit was 10 years apart. Last visit was in 1999. I doubt now that I am retired and living on a very small Social Security amount, I will ever be able to go again. So rethemed rides, or copies of rides, from Florida don't bother me at all. It's probably the only way many people of lower income will ever be able to ride them.

Andrew
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Who knows, maybe they are just trying to make Al Lutz happy

Instead of making fun of him, like in the Soarin' queue video?

Mickey
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
The NEW California Adventure.
Ok, now the images and new planes for the New California Adventure are incredible ,and yes it was necessary to have a change, because the park is a little boring and not attractive to many visitors.(And I must say im excited! )
But I was thinking, that the REAL MAGIC, and the sensation that everyone likes is and will always be at DISNEYLAND.(smells, corners, music, rides, even trees)
I mean, not even at Magic Kingdom in Orlando you feal the Disney magic, its not the same , and they have more than 3 disney themed parks and are just ordinary “theme parks” for many.
When the new California Adventure is ready , I will be there, I will buy figurines, soundtracks, eat, ride 1000 times the little mermaid ride, see 1000 times Disney’s world of color nighttime spectacular, take 1000 pictures in the new entrance but you know what I will do when im finished? YES your right…. IM RUNNING BACK TO DISNEYLAND,…
Nothing will top DISNEYLAND Park for me!!!!!! :)

bigrockstar
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM
This is all pretty cool, but...

When will they build Ratatouille land? I still wish Mulan got a ride... or the Emperor's New Groove! What about an in-park Mary Poppins stage show?

UsBurchs
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Maybe the whole idea of a Pixarland isn't that bad . . . it seems as if California Adventure is headed there anyway. I think a Ratatouille themed restaurant would be cute (haven't figured out why France in Epcot hasn't picked that one up yet). I'm not that thrilled either about a whole section just being for the Cars movie - but I'm in the minority in our family. My husband and 3-year-old DS are WAY excited. When I told my son, he said "when can we go?". 2012 is a REALLY long time for a 3-year-old. I mean, two months til Christmas is a REALLY long time for him. :) I'm glad I've gotten to visit DCA as it was originally. My mother in law said she remembers when she was young and DL wasn't much - she thought it may not make it. That sure has changed! We'll just have to see how the nature of Disney Evolution takes it's course. One way or the other - I'll visit. ;)

WITron
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Not that it might not be fun but basicly we get a rethemed GM Test Track populated by a throng of cheeseheads. Oy!:p

And what is wrong with us cheeseheads? It's better than being a flatlander.