PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Cheater...

Pages : [1] 2

Jason Reynolds
07-25-2002, 03:49 PM
Let's say you get a Fast Pass and don't use it for the day. Does anyone think they could try to use it for the next day? You could essentially collect Fast Passes for 6 rides all in the same time block and go on all of them as long as the CM didn't see the date. How many CM's actually check the date rather than the posted return times?:confused:

Hyperboy
07-25-2002, 04:30 PM
They always check the dates!

RStar
07-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Cheeter! I'm telling!

Actually, wouldn't it be harder to go to DL all those days to collect all the right times and go back one day and use them all coordinating all the times? Seems easier NOT to do that. I found it easier just to use my Knott's passes for that!;) J/K I think they fixed that little problem now.....

Cadaverous Pallor
07-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Sometimes they read them rather carefully, and some don't. It boils down to luck.

Speaking of cheating, what if you want extra fastpasses? Perhaps your friends are joining you later and you want FPs for them?

Some people (I am not naming names, and no, it's not me) collect passports (entrance tickets) that are dropped on the ground and save them. Some of these work for days or weeks afterward. Just pop them in the fastpass machine and you will get a fastpass for that card.

I do not like this because it is highly likely that the barcode you are using has already been reused. The unlucky person that bought their ticket that day that happens to have your barcode will not be able to get a pass because you used it already. They will have to go to city hall or something to get a new passport. Making someone's day less enjoyable is not my idea of nice. Of course we have no idea how quick the turnaround is on barcodes, or how intelligent this system really is, but given the possiblity of ruining someone's visit to Disneyland, I'd really rather not.

A "better" way to cheat would involve going to City Hall and saying "I lost my passport, please give me another so I can get fastpasses." They'll give you one on the spot.

Again, I am NOT a fan of abusing the system and do not do these things.

HBTiggerFan
07-25-2002, 04:48 PM
CP,

wouldn't a new passport that was issed by City Hall have a different bar code? After all they don't record information into the bar codes that make each ticket "person specific"?

Cadaverous Pallor
07-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
CP,

wouldn't a new passport that was issed by City Hall have a different bar code? After all they don't record information into the bar codes that make each ticket "person specific"?
Yes, it would have a new barcode, and that would solve their problem. But they would have to go to the bother of getting a new one. Imagine being a tourist that discovers they'll have to make the journey to City Hall. For tourists, all moments are precious, and everyone hates it when there's delays in your theme park fun. Not to mention the fact that many tourists will just be confused and not try find out if they can get a new passport.

I don't want to hurt anyone's day.

HBTiggerFan
07-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I totally understand the time consuming factor, but if the person already dropped their passport chances are they will have to get another one anyways.

(no, I am not condoning taking passports off the ground or cheating the system)

mkyears
07-25-2002, 05:22 PM
I've been in a group of friends that all had fastpasses from moths past and used them without getting caught. Well once we got caught and then were directed by the cast member to cover the date when we went to the next cm. I kid you not I don't do this anymore this was almost a year ago so I'm sure things have changed. DON'T GET MAD AT ME

Disney Nick
07-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Sometimes they read them rather carefully, and some don't. It boils down to luck.

Speaking of cheating, what if you want extra fastpasses? Perhaps your friends are joining you later and you want FPs for them?

Some people (I am not naming names, and no, it's not me) collect passports (entrance tickets) that are dropped on the ground and save them. Some of these work for days or weeks afterward. Just pop them in the fastpass machine and you will get a fastpass for that card.

I do not like this because it is highly likely that the barcode you are using has already been reused. The unlucky person that bought their ticket that day that happens to have your barcode will not be able to get a pass because you used it already. They will have to go to city hall or something to get a new passport. Making someone's day less enjoyable is not my idea of nice. Of course we have no idea how quick the turnaround is on barcodes, or how intelligent this system really is, but given the possiblity of ruining someone's visit to Disneyland, I'd really rather not.

A "better" way to cheat would involve going to City Hall and saying "I lost my passport, please give me another so I can get fastpasses." They'll give you one on the spot.

Again, I am NOT a fan of abusing the system and do not do these things.
Geez CP why don't you just tell them about that little button on the... WHOOPS.... nevermind... nothing to see here...:cool:

HBTiggerFan
07-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles

Geez CP why don't you just tell them about that little button on the... WHOOPS.... nevermind... nothing to see here...:cool:

That nonexistant button must be switched to its imaginary on switch by some non-existant person or computer.

LtTony
07-25-2002, 06:39 PM
...it just might be easier. For me and my kids, after the first trip on a ride, being together is not all that big of a deal. And going thru at Fast Pass speed on Splash Mountain after using the Fast Pass is great. I'm unaware of any restrictions for single riders (at attractions that offer them). We never went three or more times in a row.

Disney Nick
07-25-2002, 10:23 PM

That nonexistant button must be switched to its imaginary on switch by some non-existant person or computer.
Which brings me to this question... how often is that non-existant button have its imaginary switch in the on position.... it doesn't seem like something that would get noticed much and would easily be left in the imaginary on position.... hmmm... I don't have enough bravado to try that button....

awinner
07-25-2002, 10:53 PM
i hit that button all the time & nothing ever happens

Rallymonkey23
07-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by awinner
i hit that button all the time & nothing ever happens

Not that you would need to a fastpass right? ;)

oohykitten
07-25-2002, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
[B]

I feel like such a butthead, this is probably very late but congradulations on the up coming wedding!

Ghoulish Delight
07-26-2002, 07:27 AM
I totally understand the time consuming factor, but if the person already dropped their passport chances are they will have to get another one anyways.

(no, I am not condoning taking passports off the ground or cheating the system) Okay, let's see if I can successfully clear up this confusion.

CP is not talking about using someone's dropped ticket, and that SAME person having a problem. Disneyland passport barcodes are something like 15 digits long. But, with only about 40 or 50 thousand people in the park on any one day, the FP machine only needs to read 5 digits (I don't know that this is the exact number, but the principal remains the same). That way, it can identify ticket #'s 0-99,999. So, if someone drops ticket #111111111155555 on Monday, someone picks it up and uses it to get a FP on Tuesday, and a guest who enters the park on Tuseday with ticket #222222222255555, the FP machine, reading only the last 5 digits, will identify it as the same passport and the second person might be out of luck.

Did that make sense?

Ace
07-26-2002, 10:19 AM
I dunno... I think it's a good idea to always have a fastpass. As soon as your window comes up for your current fastpass, get a new one, since you can use them after the window has expired (but not before.) That way you can save them up, and use them at the end of the day, or something. Or sell them to tourists.... muhahahah.

driftwood714
07-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Did that make sense?

It does make sense. But that's not how it works. It reads the entire barcode of whatever ticket you use. To my understanding, they updated the software so you must scan the ticket at the Main Gate to use it for admission. Next time you get a FP, look at the bottom under the barcode, it's the same numbers on your ticket.

WDWalways
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
I'll be Goulish Delight's wife on August 4th, 2002!

OMG!! Congratulations and Best of Luck!!:D

Ghoulish Delight
07-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714

Did that make sense?

It does make sense. But that's not how it works. It reads the entire barcode of whatever ticket you use. To my understanding, they updated the software so you must scan the ticket at the Main Gate to use it for admission. Next time you get a FP, look at the bottom under the barcode, it's the same numbers on your ticket. But then why do older passes work? They don't recycle barcodes on a daily basis, and yet passports that were NOT used for entrance that day sometimes work. They are definitely taking some sort of shortcut.

HBTiggerFan
07-26-2002, 01:06 PM
*Most* passes only work the day of admission. So a pass used for Monday doesn't work on Tuesday (assuming its a 1-day ticket).

Ghoulish Delight
07-26-2002, 01:33 PM
*Most* passes only work the day of admission. So a pass used for Monday doesn't work on Tuesday (assuming its a 1-day ticket). Yes, MOST don't. But SOME do. That means that for one reason or another, the FP machine sometimes identifies an old ticket as one that has been used that day for entry. The only explanation I can come up with is that the machine is only comparing the last few digits and that somone else entered the park that day with a ticket that has the same last few digits. If that is the case, then the person who legitimately entered the park with that ticket can now not receive a fastpass.

They may read the entire barcode. They may print the entire barcode. But I'm willing to bet that when the actual comparrison between the barcode and the list of codes that have been used to enter the park is done, they use the minimum number of digits they feel necessary. Any good programmer knows that the average time it takes for such searches can increase exponentially when the number of digits increases. So the most efficient program would use the least number of digits it can get away with.

cemeinke
07-26-2002, 06:15 PM
That sounds somewhat reasonable, except when I think about APs. I mean if there are nearly half a million of us that could show up on Dls doorstep each day - how to keep them from duplicating those, not to mention park hopper passes.

Also, the scanners at the fornt gate don't seem to take much time at all identifying me, so I can't see why they'd create some elaborate algorythem to cut down on the identifying digits.

Now knowing that people do cheat on occasion on Fastpass, has anyone here experienced having their passport rejected because a fast pass already exists?

It's never happend to me so I wonder if the premise is true that you really are taking someone elses fastpass.

Rallymonkey23
07-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714
[B]
they updated the software so you must scan the ticket at the Main Gate to use it for admission.

Not true. I went to the resort a couple of days ago without Rallywife and without one kid and got 4 fastpasses. 2 of our AP's were not scanned for the day.

HBTiggerFan
07-26-2002, 07:39 PM
OK, so besides APs that work when not scanned, do expired park hopper passes work?