PDA

View Full Version : My idea...

DJ_MENTOS
07-25-2002, 01:30 PM
If you've been to Epcot in Florida, you might have been to the Canadian Pavillion. There they have Beaver-Tails. They are lightly fried dough with cinammon and sugar sprinkled on. You can also add a fruit topping.
My idea, is for D-Land to change the building outside the Haunted Mansion exit (McDonald Fry cart) into a place that will serve Beaver Tails. Make a small paint change and add it to critter country. Get it? Beaver tails-Critter country? :D

If you have tried these (or not), please chime in with your thoughts on the matter.

-DJ_MENTOS

justagrrl
07-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Lightly fried dough with cinnamon and sugar - sounds like a churro.

Bill Catherall
07-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Those sound really yummy...but I still think they should sell Fish 'n Chips. It would fit in nicely to the look of the building.

Ghoulish Delight
07-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Lightly fried dough with cinnamon and sugar - sounds like a churro. Not quite. If they are what I remember, they are closer to a bear claw, or cinnamon roll. Am I thinking of the right thing? Glazed and cinnamony?

DJ_MENTOS
07-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Yes lightly glazed. They are softer and chewier than a churro (from what i remember)
-DJ_MENTOS

corrinhorn
07-25-2002, 02:52 PM
I actually think that it is more like a Funnel Cake...

Cadaverous Pallor
07-25-2002, 04:38 PM
Oh no, something else for me to drool over as I walk by, and not allow myself to spend money on! :( ;)

innerSpaceman
07-25-2002, 04:45 PM
This is making me cry. I want my seasoned curley fried back at Columbia Harbor House! Waaah!

RStar
07-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Me too! I loved those fries, and the shrimp too. I can't belive they put cheesey McD. fries there!:crying:

Hold the phone...

Cheese fries! Now there's an idea!!!!:D

oregonzooron
07-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Beaver Tails sound like what are sold at ourdoor venues around Portland - including the zoo -as Elephant Ears.

A large lump of dough, flattened and deep-fried. Then on goes the cinammon and sugar! (also try them with raspberry yogurt or strawberry jam!) Light and crisp, with bubbles in the dough just waiting to surprise you with a puff of warm, cinammon-flavored air!!

(Now ron ducks to avoid the slings and arrows....)

I have to confess to being rather disappointed with my churro at Disneyland. I had to find out what all the fuss was about. What I found was something that looked like it came out a a Play-Dough Fun Factory. This limp, textureless extruded tube just made me wish for an ear!

Come try one some time!

see you at the zoo!

ron

stinkerbell
07-25-2002, 07:52 PM
(Ducking behind Ron)

I agree, 100%, just don't tell anyone. :eek:

Polar33
07-25-2002, 11:36 PM
ODV management was toying around with the idea of selling beaver tails about a year ago. I guess that nothing much came out of it though. Reading this thread is getting me a little hungry. :)

stinkerbell
07-25-2002, 11:40 PM
I think they should sell Elephant ears in Adventureland and Beaver Tails in Critter Country.

And fish n chips outside of the HM, instead of McD's fries, which stink up the joint. :)

Morrigoon
07-26-2002, 09:09 PM
I think they should sell crepes in Disneyland - or at least gaufres ;)

SpamSpamSpam
07-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I think they should sell crepes in Disneyland - or at least gaufres ;)

Think of elephant ears as free-form crepes. kind of. and oregonzooron, we sell them in Astoria at the crab fest too. I'm 100% behind sending McDonalds packing outside the burm please. It damages my child-like enjoyment of D-land.

stinkerbell
07-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SpamSpamSpam

Think of elephant ears as free-form crepes. kind of. and oregonzooron, we sell them in Astoria at the crab fest too. I'm 100% behind sending McDonalds packing outside the burm please. It damages my child-like enjoyment of D-land.

Hhhmmmmm, they changed the crab festival from Warrenton/Hammond to Astoria and already you're claiming it, spamspamspam? Typical Astorian ;) Too much yummy wine and shrimp cocktails......oh and of course, elephant ears!

~Former Warrenton girl, class of 91 :) (and thanks for the PM)

Iceman
07-27-2002, 11:54 PM
If you want to learn more about BeaverTails®, take a look at this website: http://www.beavertailsinc.com/. As you can see, Disney is selling another company's product, so there's no reason they couldn't extend the license to include DL. These things are sinfully delicious, by the way! :D

coronamouseman
07-28-2002, 08:27 AM
Would be great if Disneyland would expand on their food offerings in step with each themed area:

(1) Frontierland - bring back the Big Thunder BBQ and the Casa de Fritos. The current Zocala Market is just a condensed version of these former restaurants and the BBQ and Mexican food offerings are nowhere near as good as the separate BTBBQ and CdF offered.

(2) Bring back the unique seafood offerings at the Columbia Sailing Ship dock - don't just make it any McD's fries outlet.

(3) Find a more interesting way to theme and present the food offerings at Redd Rockets - something space age and interesting instead of another Chuck E. Cheese. How about a Tatooine Cantina with live animatronic band and frequent stage shows in the Star Wars vein?

And please figure out a way to have more ice cream cone stands in the park - the one in the Main Street alley is not enough - at least put one in Toontown or perhaps at the Tomorrowland Terrace (or whatever it's called now.