PDA

View Full Version : Official ABC Preview Weekend Website

Darkbeer
07-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Here is the link to the ABC site plugging the events at DCA on August 24th and 25th....

http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/previewweekend/index.html

Notice on the left side, there will be two performences of Whose Line Is It Anyways?

And it looks like that Golden Dreams is getting the weekend off, so they can show ABC pilots.....

DJ_MENTOS
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Will anyone be there? I have to be out of town that week. So if someone might be able to record the Whose Line, that would be extremely cool!!!!

I might be able to make it at night... but its doubtful.
Thanks in advance,
DJ_MENTOS

Andrew
07-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Notice on the left side, there will be two performences of Whose Line Is It Anyways?

OooooOOOoo... Anyone know which theater will this be in? Seems to me the Hyperion would be too large for a show like Whose Line that depends on the audience being able to see the facial expressions of the performers.

Hmm, maybe they could set up a Whose Line stage in front of the OmniMax screen in Soarin' and have the audience in the ride units...

Darkbeer
07-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Another Web Site (either MouseInfo or LaughingPlace) mentioned that the Whose Line Is it Anyways? will be in the Hyperion, which makes some sence (Jim Belushi's Band on the Paradise Bay Stage, the Pilots showing at Golden Dreams), and the fact that not much stage set-up is needed (a few chairs and some spotlights) for Whose Line... my only worry is that it will be the next to the last weekend of BLAST! and hopefully they can work out a schedule to hold both!

stan4d_steph
07-25-2002, 02:58 PM
This sounds like it could be fun. I'll definitely want to catch Whose Line. That show is so funny. Now what they really need is the Alias stunt show... JG kickin' some....!:D

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
I can't wait! Ill be there!

merlinjones
07-25-2002, 08:52 PM
What's the big deal? If you live in LA there are free game show tapings (the real thing) every day.

stan4d_steph
07-26-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
What's the big deal? If you live in LA there are free game show tapings (the real thing) every day.

Actually, I don't live in LA, I live in So. Orange County, so it is quite a drive to see a taping of Whose Line, which is not a game show by the way. Also, shows with live audiences (game shows and sitcoms) typically tape during the daytime hours when I have to work, so having the opportunity to catch a show on the weekend is great for me. No 1-2 hour drive and I don't have to take any time off.

JeffG
07-26-2002, 11:11 AM
"Whose Line is it Anyway?" is also one of the most difficult TV tapings to get in to. The waiting list to attend a taping is generally months if not a year or more long.

-Jeff

mriverej6
07-29-2002, 10:32 PM
"Whose Line is it Anyway?" is also one of the most difficult TV tapings to get in to. The waiting list to attend a taping is generally months if not a year or more long.
\ [/B]

when i worked at universal studios the was(there still is) a booth inside the theme park and outside the theme park in citywalk that does offer free tv show tapings. i do remember shows like the tonight show, friends, and whos line is it anyways as some of those free shows. i know that it does not take a year to get free seats. i know that if you get the tickets for it at universal they offer a shuttle service to the soundstage (if it is in the universal lots or not) and back to universal city.

good luck on the next time if you all try

BlastFanatic
07-30-2002, 08:46 AM
"Whose Line is it Anyway?" is also one of the most difficult TV tapings to get in to. The waiting list to attend a taping is generally months if not a year or more long

ALSO, people who are 16 like me can't see the actual taping!
:( So they wait for me is more like 2 years!!!!!

(According to tvtickets.com you have to be 18.)

sydney
07-30-2002, 02:23 PM
<jumping off topic>

just to establish that everyone is right on here, many people organize groups to go see tapings... and the "group tickets" for whoose line, etc are indeed very very hard to get. (popular shows like friends do not offer group tickets at all) and then travel up together (I used to put together college trips all the time like this, through the same ticket company that gives out the freely available tickets and universal etc.) The free tickets are luck of the draw / whatever they haven't been able to fill.

<back on topic>

I can't wait. I look forward to seeing the cast members from alias, whoose line, etc... when they had the supersoap weekends, didn't they use golden dreams as a stage? could this be used for the abc weekend as well as a non-movie venue?

sydney
07-31-2002, 12:30 AM
The website just posted the schedules for the primetime weekend... see below:

ABC Primetime Preview Weekend Event Schedule for:
Saturday, August 24

Preview Screenings (Golden Dreams Theatre):
10:30 a.m.: That Was Then
11:45 a.m.: Less Than Perfect
12:45 p.m.: MDs
2:30 p.m.: 8 Simple Rules…
3:30 p.m.: Life with Bonnie
5:15 p.m.: Push, Nevada

Q&A (Golden State Amphitheatre):
11:00 a.m.: Less Than Perfect
12:00 p.m.: 8 Simple Rules…
1:00 p.m.: Sports Panel
2:00 p.m.: Life with Bonnie
3:00 p.m.: The Drew Carey Show
4:45 p.m.: George Lopez

Happy Hour Trivia (Pacific Wharf):
12:15 p.m.: Monday Shows
1:00 p.m.: Tuesday Shows
1:45 p.m.: Wednesday Shows
2:30 p.m.: Thursday Shows
3:15 p.m.: Friday Shows

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Live (Hyperion Theatre): 1:15 p.m.

Parade of Stars (Parade Route): 4:00 p.m.

George Lopez, Jim Belushi & Sacred Hearts (Golden State Amphitheatre): 6:00 p.m.

Press Interviews throughout the day.

Sunday, August 25

Preview Screenings (Golden Dreams Theatre):
10:30 a.m.: MDs
12:15 p.m.: That Was Then
1:30 p.m.: Less Than Perfect
2:30 p.m.: 8 Simple Rules…
3:30 p.m.: Life with Bonnie
5:15 p.m.: Push, Nevada

Q&A (Golden State Amphitheatre):
11:00 a.m.: That Was Then
12:00 p.m.: NYPD Blue
1:00 p.m.: Push, Nevada
2:00 p.m.: Alias
3:00 p.m.: According to Jim
4:45 p.m.: The Practice

Happy Hour Trivia (Pacific Wharf):
12:15 p.m.: Monday Shows
1:00 p.m.: Tuesday Shows
1:45 p.m.: Wednesday Shows
2:30 p.m.: Thursday Shows
3:15 p.m.: Friday Shows

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Live (Hyperion Theatre): 1:15 p.m.

Parade of Stars (Parade Route): 4:00 p.m.

George Lopez, Jim Belushi & Sacred Hearts (Golden State Amphitheatre): 6:00 p.m.

Press Interviews throughout the day.

Schedule subject to change.

sydney
07-31-2002, 12:31 AM
did anyone notice that the 25th (the sunday) is the da all the so cal aps come off their summer "hiatus" of blockouts? I bet that day will be busy...

Darkbeer
07-31-2002, 01:26 AM
And they rearranged the BLAST! schedule to fit in the 1:15pm Whose Line is it Anyways?...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=8&StartDay=24&StartYear=2002&Stay=10&DCA=DCA&DLP=DLP&DTD=DTD&DRH=DRH&submit.x=47&submit.y=12

Saturday, August 24, 2002

Disney's California Adventure

Park Hours
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Parade Schedule
Disney's Electrical Parade - 9:00 PM
Disney's Eureka! A California Parade - 5:15 PM

Event Schedule
Golden State
Pacific Wharf Stage Bands - 5:15 PM, 6:30 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:35 PM

Hollywood Pictures Backlot
Goofy's Beach Party Bash - 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:45 PM, 5:45 PM, 6:45 PM
The Power of BLAST! - 12:00 PM, 2:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:00 PM
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It! - 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM

Sunday, August 25, 2002

Disney's California Adventure

Park Hours
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Parade Schedule
Disney's Electrical Parade - 9:00 PM
Disney's Eureka! A California Parade - 5:15 PM

Event Schedule
Hollywood Pictures Backlot
Goofy's Beach Party Bash - 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:45 PM
The Power of BLAST! - 12:00 PM, 2:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:00 PM
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It! - 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM

So no Golden Dreams, (Wow, that venue looks like it will be busy for a change), and that the Pacific Wharf Bands will be starting later than usual...

Plus they pushed back Eureka! a half hour.....

And as Sydney stated, if you could attend on Saturday instead of Sunday, sounds like a smart move!

coronamouseman
07-31-2002, 07:04 AM
Didn't ABC use DCA as a lead-in to some January or February golf tournament out in California? They had a couple of the commentators do some preliminary reports from DCA prior to the weekend rounds or something like that ..............

Maybe one of these days they'll have Tiger Woods, as part of his "made for TV" golf specials hit drives off the Matterhorn in DL or off the Epcot "golf ball" in WDW ..............

stan4d_steph
07-31-2002, 07:31 AM
I find it odd that the new show screenings on Saturday don't preceed the Q&A sessions on those same shows. I don't know anything about the show "Less Than Perfect," but the Q&A is at 11, while the screening is at 11:45. I guess they're not looking for questions about the show. Maybe there's an "established" actor in it?

I am bummed that the Q&A for Alias is at 2 PM on Sunday. I was thinking of going to Whose Line both days. Guess I'll have to choose now.

Darkbeer
07-31-2002, 10:31 AM
stan4d_steph: you might not need to, if you have fast feet, note that there is a 2:15 pm showing of BLAST!, so the Whose Line is it Anyways will more than likely end at 1:45 pm, if you sit near the exit, you could pull it off, you might not get a seat in the Paradise Bay Stage area, but you should be able to hear everything at least.....

sydney
07-31-2002, 11:11 AM
stan4d_steph, i agree. that will be my plan that sunday-- I will not be missing whose line or alias if it's at all possible... notice that alias and the practice, two of the more established shows, are both on the sunday-- likely to be the much busier day.

stan4d_steph
07-31-2002, 12:11 PM
Looks like I'd better pu ton the running shoes! Thanks Darkbeer. sydeny- Don't forget NYPD Blue, although as of late I haven't really been watching it. Rick Schroeder's departure was pretty much it for me; too many partners for Franz's character!

BlastFanatic
07-31-2002, 03:56 PM
"Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Jeff Davis, Linda Taylor, Chip Esten"

Where's Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie??? Oh well...I guess they won't be there.

Uncle Dick
07-31-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BlastFanatic
Where's Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie??? Oh well...I guess they won't be there.
Wrong! Colin'll be there. Well, actually he'll just be in the Boudin Bakery, but that's close enough. :rolleyes:

sydney
08-01-2002, 12:04 AM
uncle dick, you had me so excited for a second. ;)