PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Captain Kidd's Restaurant

olivia3boys
10-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Just had to say something here. . .

Well, we've had nothing but great experiences there (for breakfast only). In fact, they are a big reason we choose the Best Western Park Place Inn whenever we go to Disneyland--the BWPPI gives free vouchers for free pancake breakfasts there, which, with 4 kids, is a huge savings.

We head there every morning, pay only for coffee for us parents (we bring in juice boxes for the kids), sometimes a side of bacon too, and are welcomed with quick friendly service (quick being the operative word because we are always eager to get to the front gate 1/2 hour before opening) and a HUGE serving of pancakes. With whipped cream and strawberries which my kids LOVE. For the younger kids, they can get Mickey Mouse shaped ones too.

They also have fun trivia placemats for the kids to fill out while they wait for their pancakes.

We are stuffed and out in a flash, ready to hit Disneyland with no need for any food breaks until way past lunchtime. Pancakes fill my kids up like no cereal/toast/Continental breakfast can.

Once I threw away something important there accidently (Ridemax schedule? Toontown vouchers?) and the staff kindly rummaged though the garbage until it was found.

Anyway, Captain Kidd's is an important part of our Disneyland morning strategizing, and I just felt compelled to give them some praise!

Malcon10t
10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I had heard there was someone that liked them, but thought it was an urban legend... (Just teasing.) Sadly, we never had a positive experience there and we stay as far away now as possible. I don't know which is worse, CK or Tiffy's.

olivia3boys
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
And I swear I don't work for them!

It's just pancakes and bacon. . .the bacon was great and the pancakes were a little dry maybe but when covered with strawberries and whipped cream you can't really tell--the coffee is coffee--it was all edible and fast and nearly free; what else could you want?

I'm actually somewhat of a foodie; but I do try to save money and time at Disneyland, so we skip character breakfasts and slow things like that in order to get all those rides done in the morning. We are Disney speed demons--my sons are often the very first ones on Peter Pan when we go!

And I want their tummies full of free filling pancakes to make it til 1 pm or longer. Captain Kid's just fits the bill.

But no, I wouldn't eat dinner there.

Wobble
10-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Having never actually eaten there, I can't really pass judgement on Captain Kidds. However, I DO remember seeing it. When we walked past from our hotel, my mom said, "oh god." To me, and my family, it just looked like a skeezy tourist trap from the outside. :|

But if it works for you, that's wonderful. :) I remember being really little and when I didn't get enough to eat, I was incredibly ornery.

Bolivar
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Weel, there are grow men who pay women to tie then up, beat and humiliate them. Different strokes for different folks. It just goes to show that there is something for everyone. I am glad you enjoy it. I will continue to enjoy staying away.

The old man
10-19-2007, 04:56 PM
We always stay at the BWPPI, but our vouchers always get thrown in the garbage.

BTW, you're not Mrs. Kidd by any chance?

Bolivar
10-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Weel, there are grow men who pay women to tie then up, beat and humiliate them. Different strokes for different folks. It just goes to show that there is something for everyone. I am glad you enjoy it. I will continue to enjoy staying away.

Look at all my typos. I shouldn't post from my cell phone. My attempted humor is bad enough, but add the bad typing and...

Leofoenget
10-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Just had to say something here. . .

Well, we've had nothing but great experiences there (for breakfast only). In fact, they are a big reason we choose the Best Western Park Place Inn whenever we go to Disneyland--the BWPPI gives free vouchers for free pancake breakfasts there, which, with 4 kids, is a huge savings.

We head there every morning, pay only for coffee for us parents (we bring in juice boxes for the kids), sometimes a side of bacon too, and are welcomed with quick friendly service (quick being the operative word because we are always eager to get to the front gate 1/2 hour before opening) and a HUGE serving of pancakes. With whipped cream and strawberries which my kids LOVE. For the younger kids, they can get Mickey Mouse shaped ones too.

They also have fun trivia placemats for the kids to fill out while they wait for their pancakes.

We are stuffed and out in a flash, ready to hit Disneyland with no need for any food breaks until way past lunchtime. Pancakes fill my kids up like no cereal/toast/Continental breakfast can.

Once I threw away something important there accidently (Ridemax schedule? Toontown vouchers?) and the staff kindly rummaged though the garbage until it was found.

Anyway, Captain Kidd's is an important part of our Disneyland morning strategizing, and I just felt compelled to give them some praise!

I have never had a problem with the breakfast. I even defend it. It's the buffet dinner that is gross. It just tastes like everything comes from a can, sits out for hours and dries out gross. My son loves it because of the pirate theaming.

to each his own

GrouchoMarx
10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
J

I only hope they washed their hands afterward.

Disney Donna
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, everything I've read about Captain Kidd has scared me off. You won't find me there even if it's free. I rather not risk our health. We want to have a good time IN Disneyland, not in our hotel room, sick!

MacBaby
10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
We have stayed at the Best Western four or five times a year for the last six years, including this past weekend. We have never had a problem with breakfast.

To each their own.

MrsPooh
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I admit, we only went once for dinner, but that was enough.

The food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great, either. Barely edible. And surprisingly, we didn't get sick, which I fully intended to.

The service was abhorrant.

We won't ever be back, even to try breakfast. Too risky. I don't want to spend a DL trip in the bathroom, or in a hotel bed.

But, if you like it, hey, more power to you! ;) I have a favorite hotel in the Orange area that most people don't go to, but we love it!

Different strokes for different folks!