PDA

View Full Version : Is Disney planning on any upgrade/tie in with the new Indiana Jone 4 movie?

ABombbmoBA
10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Like they did with the Pirates movie?

Petersgj
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Good question, I'd sure like to see it. I haven't been there for almost a year, but the last time I was there, that attraction was in need of some refurbishment.

Bytebear
10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
My Magic "Rumor" 8-Ball says "Yes", unless the movie is a flop. The bigger the box office revenue, the more Adventureland becomes "Indiana Jones Land". Expect Indy animatronics to appear throughout the Jungle Cruise.

DizneyMommy
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Expect Indy animatronics to appear throughout the Jungle Cruise.

I really hope that last part is a joke! ;)

dehnehsu
10-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Interesting that the movie is titled "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and currently in Disneyland Tokyo is "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull" It's similar to the Anaheim version, but Indy is searching for the fountain of youth and Mara is replaced by a Crystal Skull.

Spoiler.....
And in the Tokyo version, Instead of the Rat Room there is a carved face in the wall which blows out an orange (Fire) ring out at the Transport. I wish Anaheim would lose the rarely working jumping rats for this cool effect!

Mickeygirlforever
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Don't they have a wind vortex/tornado thing too?
Indy is one of the best rides EVER built by Disney (a close 2nd behind EE in Animal Kingdom :))

blondiemouse
10-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Everest better than Indy ? I think (heck I know)I disagree

dehnehsu
10-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Don't they have a wind vortex/tornado thing too?
Indy is one of the best rides EVER built by Disney (a close 2nd behind EE in Animal Kingdom :))

Yep, The smoke votex is in the main room. Anaheim has the lava pool.

Wiki link for both Anaheim, Tokyo versions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_Adventure

Mickeygirlforever
10-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Everest better than Indy ? I think (heck I know)I disagree

Ok, now that I think about it, you can't really compare them. They're both equally awesome rides. Indy is just so cool and nothing had ever been done like that before.
I'm not sure I'd want them to update the ride for the new movie. The ride was never really based on one of the movies, it was like we were having our own adventure. :)