PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickeys

swcrazy
07-24-2002, 05:09 PM
I have a friend who works at DL and he told me that every attraction has a hidden mickey. I've only been able to find a few: Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan. How many have other people found and where are they?

Uncle Dick
07-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by swcrazy
I have a friend who works at DL and he told me that every attraction has a hidden mickey. I've only been able to find a few: Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan. How many have other people found and where are they?
Here. (http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/)

swcrazy
07-24-2002, 05:15 PM
I've been to that website before but it doesn't list very many. I want the ones that the website doesn't have.

MonorailMan
07-24-2002, 05:35 PM
I've been to that website before but it doesn't list very many. I want the ones that the website doesn't have.

That is the hidden Mickey website, your not going to find another on the 'net.

Ghoulish Delight
07-24-2002, 06:17 PM
I think you missed most of that site!?! If you look at this link (http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Square/Pirates.html) you can see that there are 62 listed for Pirates alone!! I'd easily say there are thousands listed on hiddenmickeys.org, so I'm not quite sure I understand your definition of "not many." The site is broken up into land, then attraction. Perhaps you only saw a few front pages. Do some more navigating around.

Keep this in mind. While it is tons of fun to find these, MOST are coincidental groupings of circles (afterall, 3 circles near each other has been a common design element LONG before Mickey Mouse existed). The number of actual, CM/Imagineer intended hidden Mickeys is relatively small (probably no more than one per attraction). AND, Mickeys that are in plain view and intended to be clearly be Mickey Mouse (i.e. the Mickey on the side of California Screamin') are NOT hidden.
:D

LibraryGirl
07-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Doesn't list very many???

Monorail Man and Goulish Delight have said it all.. it is THE site to go to!

goofey
07-24-2002, 06:23 PM

I don't know if you and I were looking at the same website, because that one has just about every one there is and was.

There is one I never saw on that site, though: Supposedly, the sidewalks of Disneyland Drive (formerly West Street) form a Hidden Mickey just south of the traffic signal where the Lion King Tram used to cross to get to Simba, adjacent to the PPH. The sidewalk on one side of the street forms one half of the head, and the other sidewalk is a mirror image. Can anyone confirm this?

Dawnie
07-24-2002, 08:58 PM
This was kind of funny. Yet sad due to the circumstances. Yesterday, as I was waiting in line for Casy Jr. with my daughter. I noticed someone had made a mickey silhouette from a paint chip missing in a lamp post. They had even gone as far as to color it in. :confused:

Not Afraid
07-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey! I know. We can all list one of our favorite Hidden Mickey's. They but be "real" ie hidden and deliberate.

One of my favorites was pointed out to me by MatterhornFan. It's on Alice, of course. ;)

There's a hidden Mickey in the paint drippings on the room where the cards are "painting the roses red". It is on the left and it is bright red.

Uncle Dick
07-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by goofey
Can anyone confirm this?
Yes. You can see it by going to Mapquest and typing in 1313 Harbor Blvd and then requesting an aerial view. You can also sort of make it out while riding the Maliboomer.

goofey
07-24-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Yes. You can see it by going to Mapquest and typing in 1313 Harbor Blvd and then requesting an aerial view. You can also sort of make it out while riding the Maliboomer. Thanks!! I was able to make it out.

As for my favorite Hidden Mickey, it'd have to be the one at my favorite work location, the Stroller Shop.

Rallymonkey23
07-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Hey! I know. We can all list one of our favorite Hidden Mickey's. They but be "real" ie hidden and deliberate.

One of my favorites was pointed out to me by MatterhornFan. It's on Alice, of course. ;)

There's a hidden Mickey in the paint drippings on the room where the cards are "painting the roses red". It is on the left and it is bright red.

Great idea NA! You know, I never knew about the one you mentioned until Sunday night when Zapppop pointed it out to me?! Anyways, I don't know if you would classify it as a hidden Mickey or not,(Actually I KNOW GD would like to punch me for this :D) but my favorite hidden Mickey is in Believe. And if you all don't classify that a hidden Mickey, then I would say my 'alternate' fave would be the one in Pirates in the "fort battle" scene. It is made up from holes in the walls from cannon balls on the fort side.

Ghoulish Delight
07-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Hrmm, tough one, but I'd have to say my favorite is in the Space Mountain queue. This is the ultimate one. It's hard to see, it takes a little imagination, but it is definitely there.

In the loading room, on the far wall is a big LED screen, the one with asteroids floating by and a field of stars. Look carefully at the star. The entire pattern of stars makes a full Mickey head. Not 3 circles. I'm talking a full sillouhette (sp?). Ears, nose, everything. I also think that you can see his right hand waving. I'm not making this up. It is there and was confirmed by independent methods (which I'm not at liberty to divulge. Don't ask). If you see it, you're in for a treat.

There are also a couple that I personally discovered that I'm fond of. Above the exits of the Star Trader are a bunch of oversize kids toys, including some drums piled on top of on another. At least one drum has a Mickey pattern on the side.

In NOS, if you stand with your back to the restrooms by the train station, you are facing a balcony. That balcony has a wrought iron table in the corner. Look up and you will see holes in that table in the shape of Mickey.

CP and I once scoured the enitre hiddenmickeys.org site. We compiled as many as we could (discounting ones that we thought were complete "Wishful Thinking" as they term it) and brought the list to Disneyland with us to see how many we could find. We found quite a few, it was a ton of fun, but took WAAY too much preperation. That's a huge site!

swcrazy
07-25-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Yes. You can see it by going to Mapquest and typing in 1313 Harbor Blvd and then requesting an aerial view.

From this ariel view, if you scan to where California Screamin' is, you can see a shadow of the mickey head from the rollar coaster on the ground.

It's not an intentional hidden Mickey by any stretch (unless the mapquest people are disney freaks too) but I thought it was really cool. :cool:

Matterhorn Fan
07-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Hey! I know. We can all list one of our favorite Hidden Mickey's. They but be "real" ie hidden and deliberate.Great idea!

One of my favorites is one I pointed out to Not Afraid. It's on Alice, of course. ;)

There's a hidden Mickey in the paint drippings on the room where the cards are "painting the roses red." It is on the left and it is bright red.

LibraryGirl
07-25-2002, 09:19 AM
I love the one on pirates. When you're going towards the ship battle, the shadow of the pirate captain's hat on the sail is a hidden mickey. It's always fun to spot that when we're at DLR.

awinner
07-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by LibraryGirl
I love the one on pirates. When you're going towards the ship battle, the shadow of the pirate captain's hat on the sail is a hidden mickey. It's always fun to spot that when we're at DLR.

i used to see that one all the time...but i think during its last refurb, the lighting might have changed, as i can't see the mickey shadow anymore

Ghoulish Delight
07-25-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by awinner

i used to see that one all the time...but i think during its last refurb, the lighting might have changed, as i can't see the mickey shadow anymore In the final scene, on the right side, there is another AA characte wearing the same style hat. He throws the same shadow very clearly.

LibraryGirl
07-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
In the final scene, on the right side, there is another AA characte wearing the same style hat. He throws the same shadow very clearly.

I'll have to look for that!! I promised the friends that I will take them on POTC and HM (not that I wouldn't go on them if they weren't with me :D)

Send good DL vibes my way... I have some wishy washy friends who kinda want to go to DL and kinda don't . They need an extra push of Disney Magic!!