PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your HMH tickets today?

bluebayou
07-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi - I was just wondering how many of my fellow mousepaders went and got tickets for the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I got package C w/the dinner tickets and am thoroughly excited because last year I wanted to go to the dinner and they were all sold out by the time I got thru. If you did buy tickets - which package did you go for? Also did you like the email/regular mail/fax options that they had today or would you have rather phoned in? Did they sell out yet? Lastly - did you get the package that you wanted?

AVP
07-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Carrie,

I can't really answer anything else you asked, but we did get our tickets, and here is the latest from Merchandise Special Events:

Update 7/24/02:

Package "J" is SOLD OUT, (with the exception of two pairs of tickets that will be auctioned at a later date).
Package "A" is SOLD OUT.
Package "C" is SOLD OUT.
Package "K" - Tickets are still available, but are going fast! Guests interested in attending should fax and/or e-mail, as soon as possible. Disney anticipates that these will sell out within the next day or so)

Please note: Confirmations on event packages are still being sent out. If you are unsure which package you have been registered for, you will be notified by mail shortly.

Not Afraid
07-24-2002, 12:09 PM
We went for the cheapo package "K" (riiight) and recieved our confirmation in just a few hours. We registered via e-mail so it was easy to communicate. I was a bit worried because of the 5:30 am reg time and I forgot to program my e-mail to send. But, 7:30 was apparently early enough.

Now, my big question........MERCHANDISE!!!!!

SzczerbiakManiac
07-24-2002, 01:31 PM
I FAX'd my "K" package request in around 6:30 this morning. Eight hours later, I have yet to receive a confirmation. :( :confused:

WickedQueen
07-24-2002, 02:06 PM
I emailed my registration for two C packages at 5:30 am and received word that I was confirmed for package K!

I am really bummed, as I really wanted to go to C this year. A few hours later I decided to make the best of it, and so I emailed aagain at 11:30 am pdt and asked if I could add my son on to my K reservation. They weren't sold out yet, as they allowed me to do that.

Guess that just leaves me more money for merchandise.

Napsto
07-24-2002, 03:36 PM
sounds like it is gonna be hte smae as last year

stan4d_steph
07-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Since I have little extra cash, I went for package K. I faxed my stuff in late in the day (around 3 PM CA time) and when I called this morning, they said I'm on the confirmed list. I am excited, since I didn't go last year. Hopefully the event will be just as much fun as I've heard it was.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-26-2002, 06:57 AM
Around Noon yesterday (7/25) I became a little concerned about my reservation. I called the number on the application and explained my situation. The dude I spoke with confirmed my K reservation and told me I'd receive the merch info in the near future.

While a timely confirmation would have been nice, I am glad I will be able to go. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
07-26-2002, 07:28 AM
As unimpressed as I was with last year's version of the redress (quite frankly, I found SuperStar Lemon to be slightly less of a disappointment, even though with SSL, I was expecting something on the order of WDW-MGM's GMR), I got (as Anne Robinson would put it) NOTHING.

Undertaker72
07-26-2002, 08:27 AM
Umm Is Holiday Haunted Mansion free to ride for annual pass holders? I didn't know you had to pay to ride mansion.

Not Afraid
07-26-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Undertaker72
Umm Is Holiday Haunted Mansion free to ride for annual pass holders? I didn't know you had to pay to ride mansion.

This discussion is in reference to a series of special events being held on October 3 to open HMH for 2002. These events offer other "perks" not associated with a normal visit to DL such as a panel discussion and merchansise. The ride will be open to the public as normal following the events.

FabShelly
08-02-2002, 09:48 PM
We, too, got package C. "C" you there!

Fab

dorkdujour
08-17-2002, 03:40 PM
how does one hear about these events before hand? how do you get the info & what to call or email?

AVP
08-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by dorkdujour
how does one hear about these events before hand? how do you get the info & what to call or email?

Merchandise Special Events for Disneyland are always announced in my columns. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/)

This column (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer020726.htm) has a list of DLR, WDW and even some DLP events, all the way through November.

In between columns, I also post all event announcements in our Announcements Forum. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=38)

AVP

cstephens
08-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by AVP
This column (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer020726.htm) has a list of DLR, WDW and even some DLP events, all the way through November.

The date for the "Where's Mickey" pin event is still wrong in that column. It says the event is on Saturday, September 8. The event is actually on Sunday, September 8.

AVP
08-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

The date for the "Where's Mickey" pin event is still wrong in that column. It says the event is on Saturday, September 8. The event is actually on Sunday, September 8.

Gosh, that's been up for almost a month and nobody has mentioned it.

Looks like Lani's going to send me back to copy-editor school.

AVP

cstephens
08-18-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AVP
Gosh, that's been up for almost a month and nobody has mentioned it.

Hmmm, you must not have read the email that I sent you on July 31. I was wondering why it hadn't been corrected in the interim. Or does your aol account not work anymore?

For corrections, what should be the right account to send such info to?

AVP
08-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
For corrections, what should be the right account to send such info to?

Some older columns may have an AOL account listed, but we thought we got all of those. The account works, but I rarely check it, as it's usually filled with junk mail - gotta love spam crawlers.

My correct e-mail address is at the bottom of each of my columns, including the one in question:

You can e-mail Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix at: avp@mouseplanet.com

You can also PM me through MousePad.

AVP

cstephens
08-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by AVP
My correct e-mail address is at the bottom of each of my columns, including the one in question:

You can e-mail Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix at: avp@mouseplanet.com

OK, noted. Thanks.