PDA

View Full Version : Operating Hours

Maggiekat
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a friend that is going to the park the weekend of Oct 20 & 21. Disneyland web site has the both parks opening at 10:00 on Sunday the 21st. Does anyone have a clue why Disneyland is not opening at 8:00 which is the norm for a Sunday. They will be celerating his daughter BD.

lala1486
10-12-2007, 05:53 PM
The CHOC walk is Sunday the 21st (this is a walk through DCA, DL and downtown disney in the morning to raise funds for the childrens hospital of orange county)

lala1486
10-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh, how old is his daughter? Maybe they would like to participate in the walk? It is a minimum donation of $25 and I've heard its supposed to be fun and festive and its for a good cause. Go to www.choc.org for details.

DizneyMommy
10-13-2007, 08:13 AM
The walk is a roughly 3 mile walk through both parks on a designated path, but you cannot dine or play during that time. It starts at 7am. To participate, everyone 3 and older must be registered (which you can do online) and you are required this year to make an inital $25 donation when you register. You don't have to be on a team, you can register as individuals.

You also are entitled to buy a one day park hopper for only $53 that day if you walk, so if they are going only for one day then they would make out cheaper by walking - when you add the cost of the donation it comes out to $78 for a one day hopper instead of $91 adult and $81 child. Save about $15 and help a good cause, sounds like a good plan!

Maggiekat
10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone. His daughter is going to be 10, but they are bringing a friend along so I doubt they’ll what to do the walk. They may even change the weekend they’ll be going. They are going for 2 days and the advantage of staying overnight is gone if the park opens at 10:00.