PDA

View Full Version : One Day Hopper Ticket

EpcotMex
07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
I have some questions for you DLR experts.

1) Correct me if I'm wrong. I have been told that the One Day Park Hopper ticket is now available for DLR. That this is a temporary offer for this season. That it can only be purchased in the DL gates. That it is only valid for the day of purchase. That it is $14 over the regular one day ticket ($45 vs $59). That it is not limited for residents.

2) Please recommend me a strategy for one day (assuming hopper ticket) for new visitors (only adults). I was thinking for an early start at DL, then at noon to DCA (only interested in Grizzli RR, Soarin..., Screamin..., maybe at 3pm return to DL. Not interested in parades or shows for kids.

3) How long is the walk between DL, DCA and downtown? I understand they are close to each other, but never been there.

Ghoulish Delight
07-24-2002, 09:12 AM
1) Correct

2) Hit popular rides at DL early. Grab FP for Splash. Go check Mansion and Pirates. If the morning lines are short, ride them. If they are >20 or 30 minutes, grab fastpasses (they are "free" and you can hold a FP for both these rides even if you have another). If you're quick, you can get these 3 FPs and get to Indy before the line is too long. You'll be done with these 4 rides by noon. Then, yes, head over to DCA. Grab lunch there (tons of good food options). Depending on your taste, there may be a show or two you'll like, don't discount them (for instance, if you like the Muppets, see Muppet*Vision 3D). The Animation building is also highly recommended. Now you've got the rest of the day. Make wise use of FP and you can get almost everything done.

3) The walk from gate to gate (DL to DCA, or vice versa) is about 2 minutes (more if you're being leisurely). The beginning of Downtown Disney is no more than a few steps from the exit of DCA, but can be a 5 minute walk from DL (depending on which get you exit). Those are all entrance to entrance times. Be warned, Downtown Disney is a good 10 minute walk to get to the stuff in the back. And, on average, if you are at any point INSIDE one park and want to get to a point INSIDE the other, it'll take about 10-15 minutes if you aren't hurrying. If you push it, you can cut this down to more like 5-10.

JeffG
07-24-2002, 10:06 AM
If you have never been to either park before, I would really recommend either allowing 2 days for your visit or picking one park or the other. A one-day park-hopper isn't a bad deal for someone making a return trip and wishing to sample the highlights of both, but there is >way< too much to do at both parks to get a satisfactory first visit to both in a single day.

-Jeff

DLfreak
07-24-2002, 10:13 AM
But if they really only care about seeing those three rides at DCA, then I think it's probably worth it for them to pay the extra $14 to go see those. In my opinion, I think Soarin' alone is worth that price. :) Plus, it will be nice to get away from the crowds at DL for a couple hours.

EpcotMex
07-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Thank you all for your responses.

It is not really my first visit to DL, I was there in 1991, and has been to DLP in 1993, and WDW in 1997 and 1999.

We can only visit DLR for one day. We will be in San Diego (business) from Aug 4-10, but we have the Monday 5 free. We will be driving early in the morning, and returning around 8pm.

We can skip some rides that are very similar to the ones in Florida, like Muppets, It's tough tbab...

I only want to see DCA, and ride the most famous rides, specially Soarin'. I'm not sure when I will be able to return to California, so I don't want to let pass this chance to see this park, and if it is for only extra $14...

tabacco
07-24-2002, 04:58 PM
We have not been told one way or the other about how long the hopper will be available.