PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and Tom Sawyer Island closed

Pages : [1] 2 3

kranders
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I've been here since Sunday and every day Indiana Jones has been closed for the day for "technical difficulties...but it might open tomorrow!" Today they said it was TBD, down for the count, might be closed for a while!

Also, Tom Sawyer's Island is closed with a lot of construction workers going back and forth. Even though it's not on the refurb list. The CM at the status board just said that the pirates dug for treasure in the wrong spot. She did not know if it would open for the weekend.

Just wanted to pass on the information...we're having a great trip!

ToontownJunkie
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I talked to a CM Monday, and they had technical problems with the Indiana Jones ride, and just decided to go ahead with the annual maintenance that was due to be done soon on the ride anyways while they were fixing the ride. We were kinda bummed because that's one of our favorites.

olegc
10-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I talked to a CM Monday, and they had technical problems with the Indiana Jones ride, and just decided to go ahead with the annual maintenance that was due to be done soon on the ride anyways while they were fixing the ride. We were kinda bummed because that's one of our favorites.

so how long will it be down for annual maintenance? I hope 11/16 it will be up...

Oleg

The Evil Queen
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
:eek: :eek:Any chance it will be back online by next Tuesday 10/16????

Say it isn't so! :eek:

Goosegirl
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM
WAHHHHHH!!!!! We are heading there on Sunday! I hope it is back up.

AVP
10-12-2007, 12:07 AM
They've been having real problems with Indy, and I'm not surprised that they gave up and decided to start the refurb early. CMs have told me that the electical system that powers the ride vehicles is shot and needs to be completely replaced. The stop-gap measure has been to replace bus bars one section at a time as they fail, instead of replacing the entire system, and the uneven load is causing the bus bars to fail faster than they should.

The last refurb was a quickie just to replace a bunch of speakers, but this is a pretty major project.

AVP

BQ2
10-12-2007, 05:13 AM
:eek: :eek:Any chance it will be back online by next Tuesday 10/16????

Say it isn't so! :eek:

We'll be there Tuesday Oct 16th too:D

Sorry to Indy will be down :crying:

BQ2

GrumpyGoofyGuy
10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
They don't show it on their website as being down. Does anybody really know for sure if it's down early for a refurb?:confused:

The Evil Queen
10-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I just got finished making my PS reservations, and asked the gal about on the phone about this. She didn't see anything about Indy. She did however, see Tom Sawyer island. Hopefully, things will be back to normal by next week... :|

beansf
10-12-2007, 10:14 AM
We'll be there Tuesday Oct 16th too:D

Sorry to Indy will be down :crying:

BQ2

We are arriving on Tuesday, also. It sure would make me happy if they could resurrect Indy by Friday (at the latest)!

cstephens
10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
They've been having real problems with Indy, and I'm not surprised that they gave up and decided to start the refurb early.

So are you having to rewrite one of the quests? :p

(Note to self - say hi to AVP on Sunday when you see her but stay out of arm's length so she can't hit you.)

Niwel
10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
So are you having to rewrite one of the quests?

Damn!
There goes the fire quest!
:shana marches off to try something else:

biolabetty
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
They don't show it on their website as being down. Does anybody really know for sure if it's down early for a refurb?:confused:

On the wait time board on Main Street this week, they had listed next to Indiana Jones - closed for refurbishment. That's not the usual message if a ride is just down for a bit.

shanbri
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
My 5 year old son just grew to 46 inches. He is so excited to be able to go on Indy. We will be there October 20 thru the 24th. I pray it's open by then. He will be crushed

kranders
10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm here...been here all week. I realise that it's not on the website as down for refurb. That's why I posted to let everyone know.
Yes, for sure, it's down for refurb.

bloodnswash
10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Glad we decided to not go down for our October trip that would have started tomorrow.

We haven't seen the new Tom Sawyer Island. We would have been kinda bummed to arrive and find it closed.

Since Indy might be down for a huge refurb, do ya think it will be open in time for the holidays? Also the Island? Those dang Pirates...:)

GrumpyUTboi
10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
that sux that it is down

AVP
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
So are you having to rewrite one of the quests? :p No, fortunately, we've never used Indy for a quest. Although the phrase I never like to utter 2 days before MouseAdventure goes something like "well... that wasn't there last weekend..." :rolleyes:

AVP

disneyjunkie
10-12-2007, 06:01 PM
So whats up with TSI being closed?

Pumpkin King
10-12-2007, 06:11 PM
We have waited until our son was tall enough just for Indiana Jones. This trip has been in plan mode for over 6 months. We leave tomorrow. This is unacceptable IMO. The premier ride at DL is down for refurb.

The day before we leave, and I am disappointed. This is supposed to be a day of excitement. :mad:

princess- ada
10-12-2007, 08:09 PM
When we rode Indy on Sunday morning it was really having some troubles. The car stopped 5 times durring the ride. It closed shortly after that.

Bolivar
10-12-2007, 09:49 PM
We have waited until our son was tall enough just for Indiana Jones. This trip has been in plan mode for over 6 months. We leave tomorrow. This is unacceptable IMO. The premier ride at DL is down for refurb.

The day before we leave, and I am disappointed. This is supposed to be a day of excitement. :mad:

Yes that really is disappointing, especially when during your planning you do everything to check out the issues and then make specific plans. It really feels unfair and almost like they are doing just to you. And you can say that it isn't Disney's fault, that they can't help equipment malfunctions, or you can say that they should be on top of maintenance and shouldn't let it get to that point.

But here's the thing: no matter the fault, no matter the unfairness of it all, it is what it is and there is nothing to be done. So, given that, you actually do have a lot of power over how it affects you. You can dwell on it, let it eat at you and bug you throughout the trip, let it get to you every time you walk past the closed ride. Or, you can shrug it off, put it out of your mind and remember that you will still be at the happiest place on earth -- that a bad day there is better than a good day most other places.

Signed, been there; let myself react the first way, learned to react the second way and learned to be much happier. In fact, from the openning of Space Mountain through 2005, it was closed every single time I went. I planned trips specifically to ride it. Now I've been back four times with it open, but that was almost a thirty year run.

shanbri
10-13-2007, 08:50 AM
If anyone notices when it does open up again can you please post it to let us know. Since it's not online on the refurb list we won't know when to expect it up again. Thanks! Cross my fingers it's soon!

IdahoMike
10-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, chalk this up to the "rumor" list, but on a couple of other sites, I have read (including a statement from a CM) that one of the jeeps jumped the track on an incline, and rolled backwards, hitting a wall. Apparently no injuries, but I'd bet that if that is true, that will mean the long awaited/long needed total refurbishment of Indy.

miss bianca
10-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Is the Island still closed?