PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Artifacts

wabby1
10-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know what happens to all of the artifacts from former attractions? Some of which I've seen on EBAY. I was just wondering if Disney stores them somewhere?

The reason I ask this.....I was watching some old footage of the Wonderful World of Disney with Walt himself...and there were models of future and current attractions at the time. What happens with all of this stuff?

daveywest
10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
http://mousesurplus.com/

dougeebear
10-11-2007, 10:29 AM
A lot of items go to the Disney Archives, maquettes, models, drawings, plans, etc. Sometimes Disney does sell off its surplus items, or things too difficult to store or reuse. I've seen ride vehicles or portions of them on Ebay (most often from WDW). Recently Disneyland had a collector's sale and got rid of much of its 50th decor, including the Castle's crowns. These have also, in whole or in part, appeared on Ebay.

Second Star
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm hoping to see some of that stuff up here, when the Disney Museum opens at the Presidio in 2009 :)

PanFan
10-11-2007, 03:02 PM
There's a small attractions graveyard on property as well. There's a Storybook boat (anyone remember Flower?) and a bunch of stripped animatronics back there. You can see a little piece of it (a stripped Buff from CBJ) if you look very carefully down Cast Place from Ball Rd to the left of the security stations. Before you get up in arms and remind me that Buff is now residing in Pooh with his comrades Max and Melvin, remember that there were two CBJ theaters.

danyoung
10-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Before you get up in arms and remind me that Buff is now residing in Pooh with his comrades Max and Melvin, remember that there were two CBJ theaters.

It's my understanding that the heads that are currently in the Pooh ride are NOT the ones from either theater, but the ones that were at the end of the Mile Long Bar. This fits with my experience, as the Mile Long ones are much smaller than the theater heads, and it looks like the smaller set is in Pooh. Can you confirm?

LacyBelle
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
There's a small attractions graveyard on property as well. There's a Storybook boat (anyone remember Flower?)

I do remember the Flower boat, PanFan. I didn't realize he no longer had a boat in SBL. :( So sad.

I would love to see some of those backstage areas one day. I think it would be fascinating. I know, some CMs talk about how guests would never want to see some of the 'seedier' backstage areas, but think it would still be interesting.

ladodgerjon
10-15-2007, 06:03 PM
It's my understanding that the heads that are currently in the Pooh ride are NOT the ones from either theater, but the ones that were at the end of the Mile Long Bar. This fits with my experience, as the Mile Long ones are much smaller than the theater heads, and it looks like the smaller set is in Pooh. Can you confirm?

I *JUST* asked a CM this very question last week...

Not that all CM's are correct, but she said the heads in WTP were, in fact, one of the animatronic sets from inside the CBJ attraction.

danyoung
10-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Not that all CM's are correct, but she said the heads in WTP were, in fact, one of the animatronic sets from inside the CBJ attraction.

I have no definitive info on this other than what I've observed (and heard from others online). But I think this is one of those times where a CM is wrong. The heads that you currently see in Pooh are not only much smaller than the ones that were on the theater wall, but they're in the exact configuration that they were at the end of the Mile Long Bar. I could easily be wrong, but I'm still not convinced. I'd bet this is in the same camp as the colorblind bulldozer story. It's so much a part of park lore that most CM's still believe it's true.

DisneyJenn
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
does anyone know their username on ebay? I'd love to check their stuff out!

dougeebear
10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
http://myworld.ebay.com/mousesurplus

For 50th jewels:
http://myworld.ebay.com/surpluskingdom