PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm Freaking Out! [reservations for next year]

km64Fun
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I am a new DVC member (AK) and plan on going for our first trip in Aug 2008. After reading some threads about reservations and rooms I am REALLY worried we won't be able to get a reservation. I want to stay at the Beach Club because it is near Epcot and the only thing my oldest son (will be 19) cares about is eating supper. (He doesn't even want to come but I am making him and hope he will enjoy himself anyway. He has never been!) My intention is to be on the phone exactly 7 months ahead (I would be now if I could!) and try to get a 2 bedroom villa. Should I be worried???? Should I book out now for AK and try to change it?

GusMan
10-09-2007, 02:07 PM
First off... Welcome Home and welcome to MP!
Here is what I would do...
Make your reservation for AKV so you have something for the time frame you desire.

When the 7 month time frame comes up, see if there is availability at the BCV and if there is, you can make changes in your reservation.

Remember, the 7 month date is from day of check out, not from the day you arrive. If in doubt, check your account on dvcmember.com as it will tell you when you can make reservations for your home resort and non-home resorts alike.

Also, if you got developer points or the like with your new membership, there are restrictions for using those points as well. So that is something to keep in mind too. (I can elaborate if need be.)

Hope that helps. :) Let us know if you have additional questions.

km64Fun
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks Gusman, I opted for the cash off rather than the extra points. I am not familiar enough with changing reservations, but that sounds like a good idea. I work in a place that is not forgiving when it comes to vacations (I was just assigned my week for the summer a few days ago) and I have to take what is given to me, so there is no room for changing the dates.

Any one else who may have changed reservations, your comments are welcome!

GusMan
10-10-2007, 06:07 AM
No problem.

With the DVC, if you have to change or cancel reservations, its really not a problem. Just give Member Services a call and they can help you set things up as needed. Granted, there are some restrictions if you are like within 30 days of your trip, but that should not be a problem in your case.

deanglin
10-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Gusman, your post are always so helpful & happy. I learn tons from your posts. Thanks for all the great info!

deanglin
10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
km64Fun, Welcome:)! We are also new AKV owners-planning Christmas trip 2008.

km64Fun
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I will call and make a reservation now and then try to change it in January. I can't wait to go!