PDA

View Full Version : Best place to book a trip?

Tony P
07-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Last December I took my family to DL & stayed at the Grand Californian & we had a blast. We are looking to go again this year & was wondering who offers the best deals & service. Are there any travel agents that anyone uses or should I book direct with disney?

Thanks,
Tony

disguy
07-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Unless Disney has a promotion I wouldn't use them right away. I found Grand Calif for 169.00 on Orbitz.com the problem with this is that you have to wait for a couple weeks before your trip. In order to get such a good savings..maybe you can book at a higher price for now and then later cancel and book the lower price. I've done that plenty of times with other hotels. You may also want to try Expedia they have good rates I just don't like having to pay in full.

roberts1398
07-23-2002, 12:57 PM
The only thing about Disney right now is their Fall & Holiday Getaway packages. Stay 3 nights, get the 4th free (in all 3 DLR hotels and many of the Good Neighbor), and buy a 3 day park hopper, and they upgrade it to a 5 day for free.

This special, tho, is also available thru your travel agent (mine is Denise at MagicalTravel.com -- tell her Diane S-R sent you!), online at Disneyland.com, thru AAA travel, etc. And if you have a Disney Club card, you can get an additional discount, so I'm guessing the same thing may be true with AP's ...

It's also worth doing the previous suggestion of reserving and then shopping priceline, expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc. starting a couple of weeks before you leave to search for unsold rooms at great discounts!