PDA

View Full Version : Kids Fly Free???

Zednick
07-23-2002, 10:52 AM
My family is planning a trip to DL/DCA in early November (2 adults, 2 children). Does anyone know if the "kids fly free" special will be offered again this year? If I remember correctly, this is a typical offer during off-peak season. Just curious..might a well save wherever we can!:)

roberts1398
07-23-2002, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure that's an airline by airline special, and not an official DLR thing ... if you live in the Seattle area, have you checked out the Southwest specials right now? I know in-state, we can fly for $39 each way (not to Orange County, but you can fly to Ontario only 45 minutes or less away). Frankly, that's probably cheaper than kids fly free, as I think to get that, the adult has to buy the full unrestricted fare... check it out... iflyswa.com

stinkerbell
07-23-2002, 01:14 PM
We got such a good deal last fall, we did it twice! The kids fly free thing is great. Especially in Nov., when it's hard to get good deals because of holiday travel. BUT I'd look to see if you could get good deals otherwise. We did the kids fly free thing before it was advertised. I mean, we booked in June and the travel agent knew about it, for our travel in October. Then, they advertised it like crazy and we took advantage of the deal again, and went again at the end of Nov. For a family of five, it saved us a heckuva lot of money. Good luck! Let us know of any deals you find.

By the way, we booked through an agent the first time and flew Alaska, then the second time, I just booked through Alaska Airlines Vacations and it was way cheaper. And we flew out of Portland, OR. There were a lot more deals through Seattle.