PDA

View Full Version : holiday decorations and snow?

disneyfan
07-23-2002, 10:51 AM
We only get to go to DL maybe once every few years and we have never gone during the fall or holiday season. I hear it's wonderful and would like to plan a trip for early November (8th-10th) when the kids are off track from school, and I'm hoping some of the holiday decorations will be up by then, especially the snow after the fireworks. We would really love to see that. Does anyone know if all the decorations will be up by then? And when do they start the snow?

socabch
07-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Last year the Haunted Mansion was decorated with Nightmare Before Christmas the first week of October. But the Holiday Parade & decorations usually starts around Thanksgiving.

jslivinski
07-23-2002, 12:33 PM
I did some a search on this topic a few weeks ago and the general info I was getting from last years threads on this subject was that they start decorating the first week in November. I called Disney Info. a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't have a date to give me.

adriennek
07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
I found this page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/xmas/xmas.htm) using the Google MP search.

According to that page, the fireworks (with snow at the end) started last year on Nov. 3.

Adrienne K

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-23-2002, 01:28 PM
I go often in the last week of Nov and 1st week of Dec. That is usually when they start putting up the decortations, and maybe a week before. You might miss it:(

pixiepal
07-23-2002, 01:32 PM
I have gone the last two years in early November (first week) and the decorations have been up, including the snow...although the holiday parade was not yet running.

RStar
07-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Last year I was shocked when they got it all up the first week in Nov. :eek:

They use to put it up the day after Thanksgiving. I thought they wanted to cheer everyone up a little after 9/11 but I think it has more to do with the change in the holiday rides.

So you may be OK with your trip, but it could be close. And it may not all be up.

goofey
07-23-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that last year they had the full holiday theme going at the beginning of November, with Small World Holiday, HM Holiday, and "Believe.....In Holiday Magic" in full swing. However, "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade didn't start until Thanksgiving week. Actually, if I remember correctly, HM Holiday went up some time in early-mid October.