PDA

View Full Version : A few Saratoga Springs Resort questions

KJSJpipe
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
So we head out in about 10 days and I have a few questions.

1. The towels in the bathroom- how many are there (bath size)? I am trying to figure out if I should just bring 2 with me for DD and I for our hair. I know you can get an extra set but I don't really need the whole set just two more towels if there are only four given.

2. Towels for the pool- are there any? I have not seen any info on this on the DVC site.

3. Room location- It will be my family in one studio and my friend and her BF in another studio. We were thinking of requesting the Springs so we can be closer to the main area and the pool. Any one with recommendations on actual room numbers/ buildings? What are the chances of use being near each other with 2 studios?
(also who do we call to make the request?)

Thanks!

GusMan
10-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Usually when it comes to towels, they have at least one bath sized towel for each adult that the room is rated for. In most Disney hotels, There are a couple of extra included.

I know that for the moderate and deluxe resorts, pool towels are available at the pools, mainly around the feature pool area.

As for room location, I cant help you there but a solid bet is that if you have a room request of any sort, make sure it is noted on your reservation notes. Some say that calling the resort 4-6 days before will help reiterate the request but when I tried this back in August, they led me back to Central Reservations (for a non-DVC resort) to make sure our request is in the ressie.

Hope that helps.

KJSJpipe
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks GusMan! I will try the direct number first, the worst case scenario is that they will re route me. I did not originally put it on my reservation because there was still a question about them being able to come. I think my girl friend has it on her ressie though.

bellefan
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
So we head out in about 10 days and I have a few questions.

1. The towels in the bathroom- how many are there (bath size)? I am trying to figure out if I should just bring 2 with me for DD and I for our hair. I know you can get an extra set but I don't really need the whole set just two more towels if there are only four given.

2. Towels for the pool- are there any? I have not seen any info on this on the DVC site.

3. Room location- It will be my family in one studio and my friend and her BF in another studio. We were thinking of requesting the Springs so we can be closer to the main area and the pool. Any one with recommendations on actual room numbers/ buildings? What are the chances of use being near each other with 2 studios?
(also who do we call to make the request?)

Thanks!

There ARE towels by the pool - just look for the big hand truck usually parked by one entrance.

We actually stayed in Congress Park and rather liked it. It has its own quiet pool so we went there instead of going to the big main pool. But it is a bit of a hike to the food court. But you can also walk pretty quickly from Congress Park to DTD so I guess it depends on what's most important to you.

ENJOY!

KJSJpipe
10-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks belle.
I have stayed in Congress Park before with two friends on a Girls Only Weekend 2 years ago. We stayed in the building right on the path to DtD and actually had a view of the path as we were on the end of the building. We really liked the room's location. Since with this vaca we will have my kids, hubby and her BF we would rather stay closer to the main buildings. When we all go we tend to go to DtD after park hours and I would rather be closer to where the boat is then the walking path since you are not supposed to walk it after dark.
This will be our first sttay on property as a family, I can't wait!

Sue Holland
10-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Each studio will have 4 bath towels, 4 washclothes and 2 hand towels. Pool towels are available at the pools.

KJSJpipe
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks Sue!