PDA

View Full Version : 7-22-2002 Trip Report + Dad's DCA Review!

MonorailMan
07-23-2002, 09:56 AM
Well (thanks to TinkFreak), we had a blast, here's a Mini-Trip Report:

Arrived at DLR around 11, hung out until 11:30, met her, got in to DCA, grabed a FP for soarin', went to Millionaire (I got #1 at the end!), saw Muppet*Vision 3D, then saw Goofy's BPB to kill 15 min.(Yuck!), saw BLAST!, then used our FP. Went to the Bread & Tortilla factories, went to Golden Dreams, then headed to the car for dinner, came back, rode the train to NOS, I SR at Splash, then went Pirates, then Jungle Cruise (where we had the very best Skipper. ;) ).

Now, this was dad's (remember, he's a Disney hater) first trip to DCA, here's an opinion by him:

"If I went again, I'd go to DCA just for the change of pace, I like the fact it's not DL, and that things seem more relaxed, and not as crouded. So, I would like to go to DCA again next year."

:eek: He liked it! (That suprized me!) :)

RStar
07-23-2002, 10:51 AM
That's cool, MM. I'm glad you got your DL fix in during your blockout days.

I'm glad your Dad liked DCA. It has a different view to different people. And what did he say about DL?

~Bob

MonorailMan
07-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RStar
And what did he say about DL?

~Bob

His typical, "Too Crouded, Too Busy, Un-Enjoyable."

jslivinski
07-23-2002, 12:30 PM
He didn't hate it, which is a good thing. Who knows he might even get an itch to go again in a few months. Glad you were able to go and had a good time.

Techie7
07-23-2002, 01:03 PM
My sister really likes DCA for some of the same reasons that your dad does. New things to experience less crowds and bigger walking spaces.

RStar
07-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

His typical, "Too Crouded, Too Busy, Un-Enjoyable."

That's exactly what I thought he'd say (sans the "lines are too long. It's a waste of time to stand in a line for 90 min. to go on a 4min. ride"). I think we may have the same dad:eek: .Two years ago he told me I have a half sister I never knew about from an affair he had 16 years ago (my parents have been long devorced as you can figure out). Guess not, that would mean we have the same mother. Never mind.........