PDA

View Full Version : Who had the Brilliant Idea to sell the CBP Molding

Techie7
07-23-2002, 09:55 AM
In searching through Disney's ebay site I found a few auctions that I liked. This one and was a little surprising. I know they can sell off anything... but to close the Country Bear attraction right before the movie then put up movie posters all over the building is wrong. To then go and sell the molding I think is even more wrong. But if people will buy it hopefully the money will go into some new attractions. Anyone who wants to buy a piece of CBP molding here is the link. (http://cgi.ebay.com/disney/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1752437694)

mkyears
07-23-2002, 10:10 AM
That's pretty funny god I wonder what else they sell on ebay I better watch my underwear

mousey_girl
07-23-2002, 10:14 AM
I don't know which is worse, that the Powers that Be place that sort of thing up for sale. or that people will actually buy it!!

If there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't be selling it. Just goes to prove everything has the potential to be a collectors item if another person wants it.

RStar
07-23-2002, 10:24 AM
And I don't know what's worse, the beat-up stick they are trying to get $50 for, or the tacky wall behind it in the picture.

And did you like the plug for the movie? Why is that there? Free advertising I guess........

Techie7
07-23-2002, 10:33 AM
I guess it is better then the bag of Haunted Mansion dust I saw on some months ago. They will stop at nothing to sell things on ebay. I can see it when Fantasmic closes... "Get your flame throwing dragon here"

TecTalker2K
07-23-2002, 10:33 AM
I loved that show... I put my bid in.

outlaw8
07-23-2002, 02:54 PM
What's worse is the SHIPPING charges. For fun I put in my zipcode(San Jose, CA)
came out to $37.98!!

RStar
07-23-2002, 03:20 PM
Yikes! What, is it 8ft. long? I didn't notice the size.....

Nigel2
07-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
I guess it is better then the bag of Haunted Mansion dust I saw on some months ago. They will stop at nothing to sell things on ebay. I can see it when Fantasmic closes... "Get your flame throwing dragon here"

Oh yeah, I saw that too.:D

But, it seems that people don't realize that almost all of the stuff they sell is trash, autopia bodies (like you could use them for much) control panels from a WDW monorail that was probably being repaired, and signs from WDW's millennium celebration that could clearly serve no purpose now.:rolleyes: :)

Ace
07-23-2002, 10:02 PM
I dunno... I doubt that $50 is gonna buy any new rides. It could pay for a new park like DCA, though.

TecTalker2K
07-24-2002, 09:04 AM
You guys are missing the point. You are not buying usable things as much as you are buying the memories they represent. The hours I spent enjoying the shows in CBJ and the friends I drug in there to watch it with me. If I win mybid, I will own a piece of Disneyland that I can touch and fondle anytime I want. I can't get to Disneyland like I use to anymore and this is a way I can enjoy the memories.

cirquelover
07-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Yes it is a piece of the park you can take home with you but you should have checked out all the auctions you could have bid on the one that was 3 inches shorter and was half the price. You really have to watch them.
I just hate to pay their shipping prices, but if it's something I really want I will pay the price just like you:)

justagrrl
07-24-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
autopia bodies (like you could use them for much)

Oh I dunno - I'd love to have one in my garden. One of the old ones...to let plants run all over it...

Maybe I'm just wierd like that. ;)

Nigel2
07-24-2002, 10:08 PM
Still my favorite thing that they tried to sell was the Dreamfinder's blimp from the WDW attration "Journey into Imagination", but the catch was that it would be cut up into 4 parts, and shipping to the east coast would be 15k, 5k for west coast, oh and one more thing. (they had to pull it once because they forgot to say and edit the photos of the blimp because) The AA's on it would be removed so you really didn't have much. Also they didn't sell it because the highest bid was only 200 dollars.