PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Cove Restaraunt

Jason Reynolds
07-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Has any of you eaten at the new Avalon Cove Restaraunt? I would like to know what the menu is like and if it is nice place.
I am trying to find a decent place to take my wife for her birthday dinner. If the Avalon Cove doesn't sound good I would like to try either the Napa Rose or Granville's.

Please give me some info. and tell me about your experiences.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Shannon
07-23-2002, 10:00 AM
Do not eat at Avalon Cove! The food and the service were terrible.

RStar
07-23-2002, 10:59 AM
I've never eaten at Avalon Cove, but I know that Napa Rose and Granvilles are much, much better. Hook's Point is good as well for a birthday dinner. I ate at Golden Vine Winery before the change, but I don't know if it is still as good or not. Does anyone know if Chef Kevin ever did a report on the resturants after disney took over them? Or how they are now? I know he is too buisy thinking up diabolical mind bending puzzles right now to update, but I would like to know how things are going there as well.

~Bob

no1here
07-23-2002, 11:02 AM
Don't believe the hype. I had a wonderful experience at Avalon Cove. The service was great, the food was plentiful and you get to dance around with characters. If you want character dining it is a fun place, if you want romantic, quiet seclusion go to Blue Bayou.

PinkFloyd
07-23-2002, 11:51 AM
I have eaten here and I really enjoyed it. I thought the food was good and the service was excellent! I dont' remember all of the menu items but there was a chicken pot pie, burger, fish and chips. But I would agree with no1here, go to the Blue Bayou if you want a more romantic setting.

Jason Reynolds
07-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Thank you all for the good input, although I have been to the Blue Bayou numerous times I believe I'll try the Napa Rose.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Or if you like good food served with a generous helping of cornball, try the Soap-Opera Bistro. Haven't tried Avalon Cove myself, but I've been to SOB twice, and enjoyed it both times (and I'm not even remotely a soap opera fan).

This past July 4th, I had my breakfast at the River Belle, lunch (after the Walt's Footsteps tour) at the SOB, and dinner (between the fireworks and the late Fantasmic) at the Blue Bayou.

RStar
07-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jason Reynolds
Thank you all for the good input, although I have been to the Blue Bayou numerous times I believe I'll try the Napa Rose.

I think that is a good choice!

The problem with the Blue Bayou is that you have to get the reservations in person early in the morning.

mousketeer
07-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Here's the facts:

Long Wait When No One is There
Poor Service
Great Food
Great Prices
Poor Indoor Lighting
Loud Outdoor Atmosphere

Gymgirl975
07-24-2002, 08:52 PM
We really enjoyed it. The food was okay, but the characters were awesome! There was a much better variety here than at the character breakfast we attended, and the view overlooking Paradise Pier was gorgeous (even my grumpy butt boyfriend enjoyed it).

Kevin Yee
07-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Does anyone know if Chef Kevin ever did a report on the resturants after disney took over them? Or how they are now? I know he is too buisy thinking up diabolical mind bending puzzles right now to update, but I would like to know how things are going there as well.

~Bob

I mention it briefly in the "hey the menu prices page is now updated" article, which will run any day now. The menu prices are in fact already updated.

That said, let me prevent the egg on the face by admitting that the Avalon prices are among the few not updated, but I will rectify that as soon as I can.

In brief, my experience there was pleasant, but it's primarily for families.

I actually am not doing diabolical puzzles right now so much as plotting some other stuff which I shall not go into.... :)

RStar
07-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee

I actually am not doing diabolical puzzles right now so much as plotting some other stuff which I shall not go into.... :)

Oh, now I know you are evil..... teasing me like that!:D

I will check that page out (if I can find it). But I'm not looking for price changes, I'm looking for menu changes. For example, when Wolfgang left, the menu changed, right? Is it still the same as when it first changed, or did Disney tweek it? Same for Golden Vine, ect. The question is, are the menus that are listed still correct?

Thank you, Kevin!

~Bob

Kevin Yee
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
In short, no.

Golden Vine and Avalon Cove have different menu items now, so of course the prices are different.

If you look right now, you'll see that both restaurants need to have items and prices added to the list. I'm working on it :)