PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Disneyland

Pirate Girl
10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
How's it going out there guys?!?!?!?

pastrylover
10-05-2007, 12:01 PM
It is awesome! Going out tomorrow night should we say 'hi' to any of the characters for you?

Pirate Girl
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Absolutely! Princess Aurora is my favorite!!! ;)

pastrylover
10-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Absolutely! Princess Aurora is my favorite!!! ;)

Well what do you know I had lunch with her and the other princesses last Saturday! If I see her I will let her know that you are one of her biggest fans.

GrumpyUTboi
10-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I miss DL as well. Work had me transferred to Virginia. We have never been to WDW but from what I can see is that WDW is much more expensive than DL. It is pretty here where we live, but nothing beats good ole SoCal! We would go to DL 3-4 times a year, now if we make it to DL ever again will be a miracle.

Pirate Girl
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Isn't it depressing? I haven't been to DL in over a year! Before I moved to FL it was at least once every 2 or 3 months. I'm having major withdrawals. And I work at Disney World! Sadness!

I heart Disney
10-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I miss Disneyland too. Luckily we are on our way for a 5 day trip tomorrow. DLR here we come!:D

GrumpyUTboi
10-07-2007, 05:15 PM
It is depressing! The car trip from SLC to Anaheim was the greatest! We were all excited and couldn't wait to get there, get out of the colder weather and enjoy the warm weather. Our cell phones never worked in DL, must have been that we turned them off or on silent, but I really miss being a kid with my kids. We had visitors over the other night and we have our "Wall of Disney" pictures up and they couldn't believe how many pictures we had up of our family.

I looked it up and WDW is 811 miles away, so only 140 miles more, but WDW seems so expensive. Oh well, we need our Disney fix.

DisneyJenn
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I miss it too! I haven't been since Sept 18th & 19th, 2007. I know a month, but I am really hoping to go back soon! I haven't been to WDW since 1999, so I REALLY want to go there too! I was telling my mom last week how much I want to go back and that day I got a card in the mail from my last visit with the characters in front of the castle holding a sign that says "We miss you too!". Crazy!!

kijay
10-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Consider yourselfs lucky, we haven't been since 2001 :crying: Every time a trip gets planned, something bad always happens and we can't go. Either wife got sick (throat cancer - twice thank god its finally gone), lost jobs, kids having either knee surgery or appendix, car blows up, etc. HOPEFULLY, this next year will be the one we make it back. So much has changed. Thats why I love this and other Disney sites, has been my lifeline to Disney for so long. Gotta get the old disney fix somewhere :p

Mrs Mouse
10-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Consider yourselfs lucky, we haven't been since 2001 :crying: Every time a trip gets planned, something bad always happens and we can't go. Either wife got sick (throat cancer - twice thank god its finally gone), lost jobs, kids having either knee surgery or appendix, car blows up, etc. HOPEFULLY, this next year will be the one we make it back. So much has changed. Thats why I love this and other Disney sites, has been my lifeline to Disney for so long. Gotta get the old disney fix somewhere :p
Wow, it sounds like you certainly deserve a Disney trip! I hope you get to visit soon!

DisneyJenn
10-21-2007, 11:25 AM
2001? Wow, you are stronger than I! I really hope things get better so you can go. Sometimes I find it's nice to go when things are bad because when I do get there, I forget all my troubles. It's so amazing, which is why I go as much as I can. It also helps that I work for an airline and can fly there for free! I am considering purchasing an AP so that I HAVE to go more!