PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic in the Winter

LibraryGirl
07-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Do they normally show Fantasmic in the winter months?

I am planning to go to DL in either November or December and if Fantasmic was showing, I was going to spring the money for the balcony seats.

Thanks!! You guys are always so helpful and informative!! :D :D :D

Cadaverous Pallor
07-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Yes. :)

LibraryGirl
07-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Thank you so much!!
I am excited about going on my first winter trip to Disneyland.
Hopefully I will see some fellow MPers there!!!

Darkbeer
07-23-2002, 12:17 AM
They didn't offer Fantasmic! last year in the winter, this year, just recently they placed Fantasmic! on the Saturday schedule thru October at the Disney.com site, it might only be offered once a week, nobody is quite sure what will happen during the holidays, some folks are worried about Luminaria and Disney's attempt to make sure people go to DCA and see it, which might limit the amount of performances of Fantasmic!

Only time will tell what ends up actually happening.... but we know that the Rivers of America will be drained starting in January of 2003, and some people are saying you might not see Fantasmic! anytime in 2003.....

Gauchograd99
07-24-2002, 08:14 PM
As pessimistic as it may seem, and as moronic on the part of Disney, don't be supprised if the draining is not used to get people to stop thinking about Fantasmic! and send it to Yesteryear. I don't want to see this happen but we all know the history of Disney and closing for refurbishment leading to attempted closure.

SoCalDisneyLover
07-25-2002, 07:12 AM
If that is their intention, I think they would probably handle it similar to how the Electrical Parade got it's send off. After Labor Day, they would actually publicize the closing in December, so that people would come to see it one last time. This would accomplish two things. First, it would detract some attention away from the fact Critter Country(SM) is closed, yet significantly pack 'em in the neighboring area, maximizing concession revenue, especially on the Fantasmic stuff.

Is the river closure going to be as extended as it sounds? I just figured they would want it open by July when it starts to get hot, but does anyone think it's going to be a downtime comparable to say....King Arthur's Carousel?

adriennek
07-25-2002, 07:38 AM
As of July 15, Fantasmic was scheduled to go down in the beginning of November. I was told that it would run Fridays and Saturdays September and October. The ROA is scheduled to be drained for an extensive rehab in January.

Adrienne K

mrfantasmic
07-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Hmm... I think that Fantasmic! was originally scheduled to run through Labor Day and not open until the dry rehab was complete.
It might have been extended.
However, it is budgeted through the 2005 (correct me if I'm wrong, MP) as of last report.

goofey
07-27-2002, 04:34 PM
The rumor I've been hearing among CMs is that this is Fantasmic's last year. I doubt it is, though. I really, really hope it isn't. Speaking of the Rivers of America draining, does that mean they will close Jungle Cruise and Storybook Land, too?