PDA

View Full Version : First Disneyland Pictures!

lofosho
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I would love to see a picture from everyone's first time at Disneyland! Especially if anyone has one from like the 50's or 60's. Whether it was 2007 or 1957, let's see those pics!

(My mom has all mine, I will post mine when she gets them for me! :)

MrsPooh
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh Lord. There's one that I know of where my sister and I are standing at the door to our hotel with our DL stuffed animals, but that isn't at DL.

Mom came across a pic that she took of DL from that trip, and its old and a bit blurry. I have trouble seeing where it was taken.

I'd have to have her dig for those photos.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I have to beg it from my mom, but there is one of the two of us standing right in front of Monstro at Storybook Land, we recreated the shot a couple of weeks ago. However, in the first one, no fence, as close to the whale as you can get and instead of sensible capris and eckos, I have a lacy dress, white socks and patent leather mary janes. Mom (in the original) is in pedal pushers a smallish boufant, sleevless top and really pointy toed flats.

Susan L
10-05-2007, 05:24 PM
According to my parents the first time I went to Disneyland was when my mom was pregnant with me, which was 1957. Unfortunately I don't have a picture.

disneyhound
10-06-2007, 06:13 AM
In one of my folks photo albums; there is some photos of an early trip of my Mom and Brother and me, from the early 60's. I don't have immediate access to those photos to post. One photo, taken by my Dad, is of me and my Mom on the Jungle Cruise boat. She is seated, in a dress of course, and I am standing on the seat next to her, I'm about 1 1/2 years of age. I have this big ol grin on my face. The joke in my family, "Was he having fun, or was it gas?" It is cool to see all the vegetation (me too) in it's early years...

DaDuckFan1955
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I just scanned some 'old' pictures from 1983 and am in the process of scanning family photo's of Disneyland from July 1955 through the 1960's.

visit this link for 1983 Fantasyland remodel/upgrade.

Look at the scan of the Disneyland A-E Ticket book (late 1960's).

http://community.webshots.com/user/gbcarter1955

enjoy.

RStar
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
According to my parents the first time I went to Disneyland was when my mom was pregnant with me, which was 1957. Unfortunately I don't have a picture.

I was one, and it was 1959. My parents took no pictures when they went to Disneyland. I'm still dumbfounded to this day.

Pinkhoody
10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
My parents went there for their honeymoon. My mom made a scrapbook of it all. There are a few pictures of them there, but what's really cool are the little things from their trip she kept. There is a packet of sugar, a room service menu and a book of matches from their stay at the Disneyland hotel. An A-E ticket book and a brochure from Disneyland.

I'll have to find some pics of my first trip. I was about 5. It rained... I love Disneyland when it rains!