PDA

View Full Version : Flik's Fun Fair

roberts1398
07-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Not sure I have the name right, but I just realized reading something old that this is scheduled to open "this fall." Has anyone heard anything about when it is actually scheduled to open? My son has never been able to ride on bumper cars before, and positively lusts after them. I still haven't booked my trip, and can change my dates if need be...

Brat
07-22-2002, 05:41 PM
You have the name absolutely correct, and while I don't have the exact day, Flik's Fun Fair should be opening in October (at least according to my AP newsletter.) A search of the "official" site turned up nothing about it. If you can wait, go in late October or early November. Flik's should be open by then, and you'll get to see the Haunted Mansion's Nightmare Before Christmas too! Hope this "limited" info helps a little.

;) Brat

roberts1398
07-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Yikes! You know, I've gone round and round with dates on this. I think I'm just going to go in the end of Sept., and have more for him to see next time... unless someone else has info of earlier in Oct ...

DisneyFreak2000
07-24-2002, 12:20 AM
I talked to a nice CM in DCA yesterday, and she said that FFF would probably open by November and that TOT will silently open (or begin AP previews) December 2003 and may even open officially as early as that time (if not then it would be pushed back to like March or Feb). If it ends up being in February, I think it should be a sort of THREE YEAR BIRTHDAY gift to DCA.

Techie7
07-24-2002, 10:22 AM
From what I understood TOT would open during the third birthday in Feb of 2004. (It was announced on the first birthday). This could have changed though. The earlier the better. Hopefully the tower will begin going up soon. I did read somewhere that they might hold off on going vertical until after they open FFF to keep cranes and towers out of the line of sight for media. Any validity to this statement?

Rallymonkey23
07-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
Any validity to this statement?

Nope. But it make perfect sense.