PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Play! Parade coming to DCA in 2008

Darkbeer
10-02-2007, 07:53 AM
OK, there have been a lot of news being released in the last 48 hours, and it is tough to get the info out, especially with Knott's Halloween Haunt going on.

But at 8 AM Monday, I had UPS show up with a Press Kit, pretty much the Disney Dreams Catalog with a couple of minor extras (You can view the catalog online at www.disneyparks.com (http://www.disneyparks.com/)).

The main thing that caught my attention was the name of the new parade showing up sometime in 2008 (Based on what I know, May, though I have heard Easter Break also) is going to be called "Pixar Play! Parade", no pals in the name.

Also, the press release still calls both the WDW and DCA new attractions "Toy Story Mania!".

A couple of other issues in the Press Release, it is official, the Disney Gallery is being converted to the "Disneyland Dream Suite" which will be offered to guests most of 2008 (266 days) starting January 31st, 2008. Expect a few days prior for Major Media to get a chance to use it first. Also note that there are about 70 days that it won't be given out, more than likely for other marketing purposes. Also, the Disneyland Hotel will be getting a "Pirates of the Caribbean" suite. (Could this be a remodel of the Mickey's suite?)

The Press Release also talks about High School Musical 3 coming out in the Fall of 2008 (subject to change).

And one more comment, reading all this info (aka Press stuff), DCA was hardly mentioned, but all the WDW parks were mentioned individually... A very interesting comment on the attitude of Disney....

olegc
10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
edit...
Also, the press release still calls both the WDW and DCA new attractions "Toy Story Mania!".
edit...

And one more comment, reading all this info (aka Press stuff), DCA was hardly mentioned, but all the WDW parks were mentioned individually... A very interesting comment on the attitude of Disney....

well, these don't surpise me when the entire YOMDP2 is driven from Jay and his desire to have one vision and one marketing campaign to be the same for all parks.. it all comes down to how do you handle local vs national stuff - and with Invisible Ed at the helm in Anaheim the florida parks will always take top billing...

ssturgeo
10-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought the DL Hotel already has a Pirates Suite...I am sure I have seen pictures of it??!! I thought part of this suite replaced what was the Princess Diaries suite bedroom

Darkbeer
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I thought the DL Hotel already has a Pirates Suite...I am sure I have seen pictures of it??!! I thought part of this suite replaced what was the Princess Diaries suite bedroom

You are right, there is already a current Pirates Suite in the Dreams Tower. (I made a mistake.... ;)

Looks like the Mickey's Suite will be rented out in 2008....

Baloo
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
DCA is not promoting anything new for the YOMD promotion so no need to promote it individually.

The only two new offerings which will happen during major construction will be the Pixar play parade which you mentioned and Toy Story Mania which are being build as part of the YOMD package.

Darkbeer
10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
DCA is not promoting anything new for the YOMD promotion so no need to promote it individually.

HUH???

A NEW Parade "Pixar Play! Parade" at DCA

and

"Toy Story Mania!" at DCA

2 MAJOR new things being offered at DCA, and nothing new at Disneyland,

But all the media stuff talked about "Disneyland Resort"....

The Point of View is VERY clear....

olegc
10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
HUH???
A NEW Parade "Pixar Play! Parade" at DCA
and
"Toy Story Mania!" at DCA
2 MAJOR new things being offered at DCA, and nothing new at Disneyland,
But all the media stuff talked about "Disneyland Resort"....
The Point of View is VERY clear....

i agree - BUT - how many press releases can you have where you talk about an attraction (TSM in this case) and present it in each one as if you never talked about it before. I know - we Disney geeks follow everything - but TSM has been public for almost 6 months or more and this new release makes it sound like it's never been discussed before. That, along with HSM2 parade, etc.

I like the focus - but the spin needs a little work.

Another Dimension
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope the new DCA '08 parade has better music.

I'm a fan of BPB, mostly because of the wonderful and hard-working performers and also all of the main and minor Pixar characters in it, most of which I have never seen in any of the parks before... but IMO the music is ugh!

Pixar is so good at what they do and justifiably so famous because they are original, fresh, enlightening at times and they broke the mold.. not because they played it safe and tacky, ie: un-professionally sound engineered retro Top 40.

Darkbeer
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Let's read the Press Release... (adding Bold letters)

http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=238

Disney•Pixar Parades Debut on Both Coasts: The Disney•Pixar fun will continue to rock and roll throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in 2008, as characters from smash-hit animated films like “Toy Story,” “The Incredibles,” “Monster’s, Inc.” and “A Bug’s Life” take to the street in “Block Party Bash.” Disneyland Resort will be the home to the new “Pixar Play! Parade,” an all-new Disney•Pixar-inspired parade that invites guests to play and dance along with favorite characters from hit films like “Toy Story,” “A Bug’s Life,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Incredibles,” “Cars” and “Ratatouille.”

We mention the specific park at WDW where the Pixar parade will be located, but for the Anaheim location, avoid mentioning DCA....

There has been a CLEAR decision in how to market Anaheim, and it's the fact that the DCA name is Damaged goods.

It started with new logos, DCA's one totally redone, with an emphasis on "Disney's" in the traditional script writing, and California Adventure being made smaller, and combine that with the change in the Disneyland Resort logo, which used to feature the Grizzly Head in the mountain, now gone and replaced with the traditional "Disneyland" script, and it is MUCH bigger than the word "resort". Disney has since basically stopped marketing DCA and much prefers to rely on the Disneyland name and high stature.

Hopefully in about 10 years, we can see the return of 2 separate marketing plans, and heck, maybe even a new name for the "Heroin Monkey".....

olegc
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
I hope the new DCA '08 parade has better music.

I'm a fan of BPB, mostly because of the wonderful and hard-working performers and also all of the main and minor Pixar characters in it, most of which I have never seen in any of the parks before... but IMO the music is ugh!

Pixar is so good at what they do and justifiably so famous because they are original, fresh, enlightening at times and they broke the mold.. not because they played it safe and tacky, ie: un-professionally sound engineered retro Top 40.

it seems like you're implying that Pixar had something to do with selecting the music for this parade. Probably not - it would be DLR Entertainment division...

Another Dimension
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
it seems like you're implying that Pixar had something to do with selecting the music for this parade. Probably not - it would be DLR Entertainment division...

I'm not implying that... but I would imagine it being a Pixar parade, someone in Emeryville had to have at least a say so in the matter.
Maybe not the sound engineering, but definitely some imput based on Pixars holdings.

Hopefully in about 10 years, we can see the return of 2 separate marketing plans,

....and when exactly were there 2 seperate marketing plans?
Before the 2 parks became one whole resort, or after?

and heck, maybe even a new name for the "Heroin Monkey".....

1. Should why either inappropriate word was capitalized, be a cause for speculation?
2. Needlessly & pointlessly over-dramatic much??

:rolleyes: