PDA

View Full Version : FastPass machine improvement

hbquikcomjamesl
07-22-2002, 12:15 PM
How many people would agree with me on this one: Don't you think FastPass machines should "beep" or "ding" when issuing a fastpass, and maybe "buzz" or "razzberry" if denying one? And if the slot that issues the fastpass has to be down so low, shouldn't there be some sort of animated lights, maybe forming an arrow pointing at the freshly-issued fastpass? And maybe something that lights up and says "sorry; try again after hh:mm" if denying one?

Speaking as one who averages maybe one FastPass every other trip to DL and DCA, if that, it seems to me that would eliminate a lot of uncertainty over "did it issue one, and if so, where is it?"

gautry
07-22-2002, 12:45 PM
No I think fast pass needs to go its destroying the Park. The only reason the parks have long (Last weekend) outside lines is because of fast ***.

Ghoulish Delight
07-22-2002, 01:21 PM
I agree with you James. A simple LCD screen at eye level could provide some valuable feedback to the user with relative technical simplicity. A few messages like (basically, the same ones that get printed on invalid tickets) would make things go a lot more smoothly.

Darkbeer
07-22-2002, 01:42 PM
A "Out of tickets" light would be nice, instead of trying your pass mulitple times, and have nothing come out

Ace
07-22-2002, 01:43 PM
does that button on the back really make a valid fastpass come out?

Ghoulish Delight
07-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
does that button on the back really make a valid fastpass come out? Yes, but only if it's "activated" (there is a switch that needs to be in the on position and that is operated by a key). If you are seen doing this, though, it is grounds for removal from the park (IF ;) )

Ace
07-22-2002, 02:05 PM
I was going to and then, if caught, feign tourist-ness, but I decided against it.

RideMax Mark
07-22-2002, 04:28 PM
The other "improvement" I'd like to see is a small "tray" to catch the FPs after they come out of the machine. This would keep them from dropping to the ground when I'm not quick enough to catch them!

Techie7
07-22-2002, 07:50 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that they were looking into making it so that you can scan your ticket any way and get a fast pass. The biggest slow down still seems to be people really confused about lining up the barcode. It could just be that many people are not that used to using vending machines. I run into the same problem at movie theatres with self serve kiosks and the post office. Maybe if they made it more difficult like an ATM people could figure it out. A tray to catch them though would be easy and would keep the ticket from flying away if you don't move fast enough.

Gymgirl975
07-22-2002, 09:33 PM
I told my boyfriend about the supposed mysterious black button on the back of the fast pass machine. He responded by telling me I was reading way too many message boards, that it was stupid that there would just be this BUTTON you could push to get a fast pass. Well, we were there and getting a fast pass when a guy went up to a CM and said that he had lost one, is there anyway he could get another one. Jason goes, "OH MY GOD AMANDA, there really IS a black button on the back of the machines! THAT CM JUST PUSHED IT AND A FP CAME OUT!" I laffed muchly.