PDA

View Full Version : Bad Haggis: Bagpipe Fusion Rock at Tomorrowland Terrace Stage

Doodle Duck
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Are these phenominal players there often? We caught them last night for a couple of shows...wow. The lead player is a virtuoso on a Pipe Synthesizer and of course occasionally brings a real set of bag pipes to close a song. One of the best if not THE best drummers I've ever heard, a guitar (kind of like Steve Howe believe it or not)...a hard rockin base and a Conga player! Talk about ROCKS in a high speed thumpin' Funky Irish sort of way.

The Pipe player was the guiy who wrote and recorded the amzing theme for Brave Heart as well music for the Russel Crowe boxing flick...when he played the Brave Heart theme the Wife's and my eyes filled up immediately. Another magic moment at Disneyland.

If they copme back, schedule a sit down at the terrace.

Doug

rfaljean
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
My daughters are competitive Scottish Highland Dancers up here in No. Cal. We've caught Bad Haggis' show at a couple of celtic festivals in the area. They are really good.

disneyhound
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
...They are really good.

Yea, but can they yodel? ;)

Gone2Disneyland
10-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, Doodle Duck, and explaining who they were. I was at the park yesterday, and my friends and I kinda joked about their name, incredulous that some group with that kind of name was performing there. Now I'll let my friends know and the next time we see their name there, we'll be better informed. :)

DarkRider
10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi, new here to the boards. I saw them Sunday at the Tomorrowland Terrace and they were interesting. They caught my attention for a short while.

CV12Pirate
10-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Sunday was their last day at DL, if they keep to their happenings page.
http://www.badhaggis.com/happenings/

Doodle Duck
10-03-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks for that link! Quite an Awards haul!

also from that site:
http://www.badhaggis.com/who/

Definately worth a read.

I'd guess as the band gains stature we won't be seeing them at Disneyland. (?)