PDA

View Full Version : Hotels for "sensitive" guests

kranders
07-22-2002, 09:05 AM
My wife is asthmatic, but more than that she is very sensitive to the cleaning chemicals and perfumes that some hotels clean with.
We've had several vacations ruined or cut short by hotels that claim they can clean to our requirements but fail to do so. That's why we've been so happy with the Disneyland Hotel! They clean without perfumes when we ask, and once we are checked in(on multiple day stays) they don't do any additional cleaning except for new towels. They even have an ozone filter that they have used when we checked in and there was a small problem in the room, it takes care of any problems within an hour. :)
The problem now is that it looks like the AP Super Sunday rates are not in effect in October. :confused: This has effectively priced us out of the DLH. Does anyone else have experience with the type of problems that my wife has and can you recommend a hotel that will work with us? I want to make a reservation while I keep an eye on the DLH rates as we get closer to October, but I want a hotel that we can stay in if required.
Thanks for any help!!

tabacco
07-22-2002, 04:52 PM
How about the Paradise Pier hotel?

BB Wolf
07-23-2002, 12:37 AM
I too am Asthmatic. But as you may know everyone's trigger is different.
I don't have problems with the cleaning chemicals.

We stay at DLH or GCH, we have not stayed at PP yet.
But most of the times we stay at the Candy Cane and have no problem there.

Also if you know what chemicals trigger you wifes asthma when you call a
hotel etc. explain to them about your concern's and ask them if they use
those chemicals or what can they do if you stay there to help the situation.

Best of luck.