PDA

View Full Version : I Love Haunted Mansion Holiday!

yohomama212
10-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Tell us why you love the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay on the Haunted Mansion! (If you don't like it, there's another thread for you to voice that opinion.)

-- DH loves NBC and with the overlay, I don't have to drag him on to HM.
-- It's closed for about a week to put in the overlay and I get a break from my kids wanting to ride it all the time and when it comes back, they're skipping to "Jack's House"
-- I can only dream of making a gingerbread house that cool!!!
-- The ambiance ushers in the season for me. It's the warm, fuzzy beginning to Halloween AND Christmas!!!

Elizabeth

bloodnswash
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
LOVE the music and songs!!!

The outside decor is a fun addition for the holidays.

Zero in the hallway and the giant wreaths.

It's always fun to see what will be in the center of the ballroom table each year.

The fact that the stretching room is darker during the overlay then it is the rest of the year!!!

The grave yard gates with Jack and Zero: "Fruitcake anyone?"

Because of the HMH, the last week of September through Halloween, our house turns into our own little HMH. The decor is everywhere and we even have a Halloween tree. And I just found, finally, orange lights a couple of weekends ago for our tree. :) Entirely too much fun!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
My nephew is terrified of the HM, but we can easily get him on HMH, its brighter and not as ominous.

I love the music and the colors!!!

The Evil Queen
10-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Hands down...The MUSIC! :)

evrythngwmn
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
My nephew is terrified of the HM, but we can easily get him on HMH, its brighter and not as ominous.

I love the music and the colors!!!

My niece was the same way for years. Now she will ride both but for years she would only ride when it was HMH.

disneyperson
10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Love the exterior decorations.
Love the music.
Love the Christmas tree in the ballroom.
Love the graveyard covered in snow.

Doodle Duck
10-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Last night we were the last guests on the ride...had NO one around us and got to sing la la at the top of our lungs all the way through. It was a great ending to a perfect 16 hour day...the last day of our pass....and just as magic a day as our first time so many years ago. We we even got the PRIZE Question Mark witrh the Character Pop Ups at the end. Glorius!

:-)

houseofmouse
10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I love the elevator now, the cracking glass and the big giant Jack Head!! My kids love the Jack in the Graveyard and Zero floating in the hallway. I love the music too! :):)

MrsPooh
10-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Even though I'm one of the few that are not fond of NBC overlay on HM, I have to say it's well done. A lot of work goes into it, and it's a sight to see. There are aspects to the ride that I do enjoy.

I've always said I'd love for them to do a ride just for Jack Skellington and crew, so they are around for more than just the holidays. ;)

cynthia312
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
After going on Sept 30th, I've grown to love the soundtrack while you're in the elevator.

Another one of my favorite things about HMH is when you're at the attic scene....right before you exit or before you see the "bride" there is a little small baby boogie oogie sitting and peaking out from his present box. Not sure if any of you noticed it but I find that especially cute!!! :p I love cute chubby things like that. [don't ask! lolz]

I also like the whole decoration itself. I love the original ride...but ever so often, it's good to see change. And for those of you who are complaining that you don't like the holiday change, it's not too bad because it's only changed for like what?.....about 3 months?

Mickeygirlforever
10-01-2007, 04:01 PM
After going on Sept 30th, I've grown to love the soundtrack while you're in the elevator.

Another one of my favorite things about HMH is when you're at the attic scene....right before you exit or before you see the "bride" there is a little small baby boogie oogie sitting and peaking out from his present box. Not sure if any of you noticed it but I find that especially cute!!! :p I love cute chubby things like that. [don't ask! lolz]

Yeah, one year, they hid oogies everywhere and actually gave you a map to find them :). It was so much fun! The attic present box was one of them and they just keep putting him back. There's also an oogie ornament on the tree in the ballroom (kinda hard to see but fun:)).

We love it just cause it's so different.

I LOVE seeing Zero! He's so cute!

It brings in the holidays differently for us.

I just enjoy seeing it because it's a change from the original for a while.

It's just fun to play along with such a crazy idea :)

Leofoenget
10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tell us why you love the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay on the Haunted Mansion! (If you don't like it, there's another thread for you to voice that opinion.)

-- DH loves NBC and with the overlay, I don't have to drag him on to HM.
-- It's closed for about a week to put in the overlay and I get a break from my kids wanting to ride it all the time and when it comes back, they're skipping to "Jack's House"
-- I can only dream of making a gingerbread house that cool!!!
-- The ambiance ushers in the season for me. It's the warm, fuzzy beginning to Halloween AND Christmas!!!

Elizabeth

I really like the outside decorations. I think it looks cool. I like the fact that it covers 2 holidays. Kinda neat.

grimgrinningirl
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
The decorations are amazing! I love the wreath monster and the gingerbread house. There's so much to take in. And going out into the graveyard seeing the snowy pumpkin tower thing, awesome! I want to go back on it, and I just rode it yesterday :rolleyes:

Mickeygirlforever
10-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Ooh, I just thought of another reason.....the outside at night. The pumpkins all lit up and the music going has a strange Halloween yet Christmas feeling. Very fun! Dang I'm wanting to go ride NOW, but I have to wait until Thanksgiving.

BlewByYou
10-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Is it different than last year?

bloodnswash
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
I miss the pink lighting that they had on the outside of the HMH in 2003. It helped give it an eerie feeling.