PDA

View Full Version : Kids are adults?

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfan&mom
07-19-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm sure this has been commented on this forum in the past, but I find it quite interesting that a company that is all "about" kids and what kids love calls a 10 year old an ADULT when it comes to passports:-(
Seems a bit unfair having to buy 3 adult passports for me to take my kids to Disneyland! At least they could have an in-between stage like Youth maybe??

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 04:51 PM
I hear you!!!

I remember way back when, they used to have Juniors, I believe it was called. And, I think that was say 12-17. Or else it should be!!!!

We just returned from a vacation where kids over 12 are adults. Gee, they didn't contribute like adults.

At hotels, and tourist spots, it sure added to the costs. To families it is a big cut into the trip funds. :(

stevemo
07-19-2002, 05:12 PM
I remember when the Junior price for admission was $9

tabacco
07-19-2002, 05:30 PM
No comment. I absorb a lot of abuse thanks to that policy.

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry tabacco!!! :( :crying: I'm sorry people feel like the front line CMs make all the rules that inconvience them and rip them off :(

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 08:34 PM
Aw, I don't give the CM's a hard time.

I did when I was younger, but that was just because I was a young girl who was giddy about cute guys. ;)

Policy is policy.

About hotels, that is a different matter. Not that I get angry at the clerks, I just don't tell them the exact ages of my kids.

Now, before you get all bent outta shape, I pay a lot of money to stay at hotels and I feel that they get enough of it. Especially if they don't offer anything extra, like breakfast , continental or otherwise. Also, if they don't have rooms that are bigger, just cost more.

My kids all get along fine. They take turns using the roll-away. There isn't a 'bonus' for paying extra.

If there is an Embassy Suites nearby, I will usually stay there. And, at the Disneyland Resorts, they do allow kids up to 17 to stay with the family. I can still do that.

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Hmmm... mabey the label them "kids" (I don't know the cut off age) because the average kid that age doesn't want to or can't ride some of the bigger rides that have height requirements and want to give the parents a feel that their kids (well the parents pay) aren't getting charged for things they couldn't use anyway. Now for short people that can't ride... well I don't know what to say to that.

Darkbeer
07-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Some parks actually base their admission price based on height, under 48" gets the "kids" price, due to height restrictions, but since most attractions at DL don't have height requirements, doesn't work very well.....

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah, but it would make one good excuse for them.:)

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 10:55 PM
Maybe then in that case, kids maybe up to five or six shouldn't be charged.

I was surprised at the Winchester House a child started at five, if I remember correctly. I thought that was great.

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Maybe then in that case, kids maybe up to five or six shouldn't be charged.

I was surprised at the Winchester House a child started at five, if I remember correctly. I thought that was great.

I am taking it that you mean not be charged adult prices since they could always ride other rides.:) Hmmm, I wonder if there is a height where a child/person is too small to ride some rides but at the same time too tall to do a few of the toontown attractions.:D

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 11:08 PM
No, I meant not be charged at all.

But, it is Disneyland and there are special rides for the kids sooo that wouldn't be right.

But, the price is pretty high for the kids who don't want to ride anything except what is in Fantasyland.

And, I know, it is up to the parents to pay the price if they want to bring their kids. I know. I'm just thinking of how nice it would be if they did go back to offering the child/junior/adult ticket prices. Would be a lot more fair.

And I think SFMM charges by height because there are just too many rides that little ones can't ride. Don't they have a Bugs Bunny themed area? I don't know what else I would let my kid ride there. The log ride even thrashed me. :(

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 11:09 PM
Yeah, but I hear they charge a seperate admission to that as well, like 10 dollars a head.

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 11:13 PM
No way!!! That sucks.

Man, I really don't care for SFMM.

I love Disneyland. I will pay the prices. I just wish they weren't so high. If I lived closer I would most definitely have AP's. That would be the best.

But, over dinner tonight, I told everyone I wanted to go to Disneyland and I had no takers. :crying:

I am a sap. I enjoy taking my family. I haven't gone without them since I've had them.

But hey, there goes the ticket price problem. ;)

And, Nigel2, you are very quick. :cool:

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 11:15 PM
Well, they may have done away with the added price, you can always call in advance before you tell anyone about going to Six Flags.:) But that is too bad no one wanted to go with you to Disneyland.

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 11:22 PM
I didn't know if they ever had one but I will be sure and tell anyone who has kids and plans to go up to check first.

Thanks for that information!!

Thanks for the sympathy for living with muggles. :)

Nigel2
07-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Well as I always say, violence and kidnaping solves many problems, so you could always tie them up in their sleep (you may need help) and then force them to go to disneyland.:D Like the cops would actually beleive someone forced them to go there.

TecTalker2K
07-20-2002, 09:35 AM
Mousewife, now is the time to find a special friend to go to the big D with. Leave the family behind and go with someone that loves the place as much as you. I had one and it was great.

MouseWife
07-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Nigel2~
Hey, don't think I haven't thought of that!! I as much told my 8 year old, who didn't want to go to the Ponderosa, 'Hey, you little kid, don't you realize that Dad and I can just pick you up and stick you in the car? You're going!!'

And you're right, who would believe someone was forced to go to Disneyland? :p

TecTalker2K~
Yep, sad to say but I think it is true. :(
My sister would love to go with me but then we would have to take her car and it sucks!! So, we would have to rent a car.

This will take more planning. I do believe it will happen. I just am not sure when.

I hope to be up there for a Sunday meet SOMEDAY!!!!

Everyone looks so nice and friendly. :)

Do you guys ever go?

coronamouseman
07-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Doesn't Disney make it clear that it's parks are for "kids of all ages"? So they price accordingly ..........

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
07-21-2002, 12:00 AM
But wait .... aren't children 10 and up usually tall enough to go on every ride at disneyland? My six year old sister is 49 inches - so the only ride at the resort she cannot go on is Maliboomer.

If this person takes up the same seat in the Splash Mountain log - uses up a space in front of Fantasmic! - crowds the park (more so with strollers) - then why should disney charge a reduced ticket price to someone that has all the access a 'full' paying adult would?

Can you tell I don't have kids? :-)

Am I in the minority with this train of thought?

Nigel2
07-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Not really, it would make more sense to have a system where if you are tall enough you have to pay full price and then the limitations would take it off your ticket price... but then they could risk some lawsuits, or even other problems since a cm might deny a kid on a ride if they are on the border of the height.

Morrigoon
07-21-2002, 07:15 PM
Then they could give those colored wristbands with the admission ticket, either they're tall enough or not!

Nigel2
07-21-2002, 09:22 PM
True, hmmm you would have to wonder if that would also have any effect on the number of parents who try to augment their child's height to get onto all the rides.:)

Morrigoon
07-21-2002, 09:26 PM
Well, unfortunately if they went to that kind of system, everyone would have to wear a wristband, but then you'd be measured just once, at the front gate