PDA

View Full Version : Attention SoCal residents!!

Pages : [1] 2

disguy
07-19-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm curious to find out just how many times you go to Disneyland in let's say...a year. Also how many times do you actually spend the night in a resort hotel or one close by. Just curious

mcampisi
07-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Here's my example. We are going to be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 3 nights starting this weekend. We usually take my parents there at Xmas too for about 2 nights. Those 2 overnight stays are usually pretty common per year. I would figure at least another 20 times a year as well.

Wow, that actually sounds low. I guess it's about 2 times a month. I'm not as addicted at I thought!! *sniff*

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2002, 04:44 PM
I go many many times a year. I never once stayed on or off property anywhere other than my home. I do want to stay at the grand californian one day, and if I can get a good off season rate I will. But I am not staying there for convience, or to live in the "disney magic" for 24hrs a day. I will be staying there because it looks like a beautiful hotel, and I want to stay there. Its also important to note that the time I spend staying there I will most likely not visit either park.

socabch
07-19-2002, 07:03 PM
We go about 15-20 times in a year. Usually we might spend the night once or twice during the year (off site). I'd like to stay almost everytime but it's too expensive to do that. The drive home after being there all day and most of the night can be tiring. I wish I lived closer but I love where I live. Make sense?;)

ksejr1
07-19-2002, 07:47 PM
I go about every other weekend. When I bought my pass for the first time, I went every weekend. I have never stayed at any of the hotel, but hope I will one day.

MickeyD
07-19-2002, 08:16 PM
I go about 12 times a year, and I do not stay on or off property.

merlinjones
07-19-2002, 08:32 PM
I live in LA proper.

Pop down to Disneyland on an average of every three weeks, maybe a tad more off-season (usually only for a few hours). Rarely on major holiday times these days (though I have a Premium), and I pretty much only go on rides on the off-season (with DCA I guess its always off-season, but that's another story). I don't like FastPass unless I'm with all day tourists who want to do it all ('cause it always wants me to come back after I'm gone).

Back in the 80's I would occaisionally stay at the Disneyland Hotel for fun and boozing - - but these days, it's just way too expensive to even consider it.

If I'm going to spend money on a nice hotel, I'll go on down to San Diego and skip Anaheim!

lisap
07-20-2002, 06:07 AM
Normally we end up going aroung 13-15 times a year. I think all the goings on has upped that count quite a bit though!

We stay at the resort or off property usually once or twice a year. I've stayed at the:
Paradise Pier
Disneyland Hotel
Grand Californian
Anaheim Hilton
Marriot
Jolly Roger
Desert Inn and Suites
Westcoast Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim

Even though they have eliminated early admission I still would choose to stay on property--just something about it.

Pretty good for someone who lives around 70 minutes away :D

Not Afraid
07-20-2002, 07:53 AM
We go at least once a week (when we're in town), sometimes twice, and occasionally three times:eek: . I'll estimate 75 times a year (get a life, girl!:rolleyes: ) We've stayed on-property once, at the GC for cemeinke's birthday. Next stop will be the DL hotel - just for the fun of it. BTW, we live 20 miles away.

HBTiggerFan
07-20-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm gonna add here that I live about 20 minutes away, and for me its just more convient to commuite. Not to mention cheaper.

zapppop
07-20-2002, 09:49 AM
I've only stayed at the Disneyland Hotel once and that was 12 years ago. My sister wanted to spend the night at the hotel for her birthday, so we did.

Now, although they're not all full days, my current average is:
156 days per year

I PAY YOUR SALARY !

as the signature says....

Hyperboy
07-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Wow Zap, you go even more times than Al :)

I'm at the DLR every other week, sometimes more, so I am there upwards of 26 times a year :) Even though I haven't been in a while cuz of school/job issues, I plan on making up for it in August/September.

And no, I never stay on Disney property... I live 35 miles away.

Rallymonkey23
07-20-2002, 10:20 AM
I have no clue how many times we have been since we moved down here. But it has been alot. I think in the past month we have missed the fireworks on every Saturday and a few nights in between. :eek: I just can't get enough of that place. :D

zapppop
07-20-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
Wow Zap, you go even more times than Al :)
..and guess where I'll be after work today :D ( and tomorrow too )

Matterhorn Fan
07-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
..and guess where I'll be after work today :D ( and tomorrow too ) Do you ever go home? (Or do you just sleep in a chair in the GC lobby?) :D

zapppop
07-20-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Do you ever go home? (Or do you just sleep in a chair in the GC lobby?) :D
Actually, I did the last 2 Sundays :D but only during the afternoon because it was too hot and the Beach Boy sucked.
Disneyland IS my home.
I'm an annual passholder damn it !

innerSpaceman
07-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Ok, this is gonna be a guess, because I am a passholder once again after a three year hiatus. During those 3 years, I went strictly 4 times a year (2 mouseadventures, one Xmastime, and Disneyland B-day). I doubt I will go back to my AP usual of about 25 times per year, and so I will put my estimate at about a dozen.

I live in West L.A. so the trek to Disneyland is 40 minutes. Not bad, but I sure did get sick of that drive when I was going to the Park a lot. Having at times been up to 75 visits per year, I am trying not to burn out on the place as I did a few years back and will be taking it easy on the visits. Thank goodness for mousepad to keep me up to speed.

I usually stay at a hotel once a year, for Disneyland Birthday. Off-years it's most likely the Park Inn Int'l on Harbor. Every five years for the "major number" birthdays, I spring for the Disneyland Hotel. Now that the GC in in existence, that means Grand California here we come for the 50th!

Ace
07-20-2002, 04:54 PM
me: 4
family: 0 (if they're 'lucky')

MonorailMan
07-20-2002, 05:23 PM
We go about once a month, never spent a night in the hotel. :)

Ace
07-20-2002, 08:52 PM
156 days per year

darn you! My average is probably 1.5....

zapppop
07-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
darn you! My average is probably 1.5....
Maybe we can carpool once a week and that'll bring your average up :D

WickedQueen
07-21-2002, 09:52 AM
I usually go about once a month during season, and rarely during the summer. I would say probably about 8 to 10 times a year.

As for the hotels, I have never stayed in them yet, but would love to stay in the Disneyland Hotel just once.

Ace
07-21-2002, 03:13 PM

Maybe we can carpool once a week and that'll bring your average up :D

really?

zapppop
07-21-2002, 11:09 PM
I think it's possible.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-22-2002, 08:35 AM
I live in West LA and since getting my AP last October visit DLR about once a month. (It'll be more in October when HMH is up.) I have never stayed at a hotel near the resort because it just doesn't make sense to me to spend the bucks when I can be in my own bed in about 45 minutes.

That said, if it were a very special occasion, I might stay at a Disney hotel.