PDA

View Full Version : Bad dining experience

VickiC
09-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Should I report this to someone? If so who?

At about noon our party of 2 adults, 3 children went to Cafe Orleans. We were told we would be seated in less than 15 minutes. About 20 minutes later we were seated. We ordered our drinks and meals. Drinks came quickly as did our pommes frites. 45 minutes later our entrees still hadn't arrived. We were seated near the kitchen entrance and hadn't seen anyone bringing any food out for quite awhile. At this point our waitress came over and asked if the manager had been to our table yet. We said no. She explained that the kitchen was experiencing difficulties and they were shutting down. She said that they would make priority seating arrangements for the Trattotoria and give us a 40% discount over there. She said she was going to make those arrangements and went up front for awhile. She returned and gave us a card with the words Trattatoria and 40% and today's date written on them. We gathered up the three tired and hungry kids and went outside. We discussed just grabbing something at French Market but the line was out the door and it looked like there were no tables. So we made our way over to CA and the Trattatoria. When we arrived there another party from Cafe Orleans was there arguing with the manager. The manager claimed to know nothing of the problems at CO or of our (or the other party's) PS status. He said the current standby by wait time was aproximately 45 minutes. We showed him the card and asked if it would be good anywhere else. He said no, it because it had the name of the restaurant and the date on it it would only be good at that location on that date. At this point is was getting quite late and so we grabbed tacos and burritos at the Mission walk up windows and headed home. I stopped by CA guest relations on my way out, with my first complaint ever at a Disney Park. The girl working there offered to make reservations somewhere for dinner tonight, I told her we were going home and then she offered us fastpasses. I again explained we were headed home, and I just wanted to see that the situation was commuinicated to management. I'm not sure it will be.

Susan L
09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you writing a formal letter of complaint to the DLR about this matter as long as it is done with respect. If you do decide to do this make sure you send them a copy of the paperwork that was given to you at the CO, that is if you still have it.

cstephens
09-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I would definitely let them know about it. I generally go to the official DL website, and I use the "contact us" function. There are things that arise that they can't control if it meant the Cafe Orleans kitchen had to be closed, but there was no excuse for nothing to have been communicated to the Trattoria and for them to treat you like you were walkups.

houseofmouse
09-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow, what a bummer!! Could this manager at Trattoria not call over to CO and find out what the situation was? Did he even offer to do that for you? You can also write to Disney directly at their Burbank address. I did that over a situation and got a personal call and a pretty good resolution. 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank CA 91521-6369. Sorry this happened I hope something will come of it.:)

adriennek
10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I think it was really inappropriate of them to make it for ONE specific restaurant in the middle of a weekend day. You'd already lost 45 minutes. The restaurant was on the other side of the resort. And then they were so overwhelmed at the time, they couldn't accommodate you. I'd definitely write to them to complain. None of the alternatives they gave you were acceptable.

Adrienne

Bytebear
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Keep complaining. Get a written offer of some kind of compensation for your troubles. They will probably promise $100 gift certificate or similar. But they will not send it to you, (even after promising to), unless you continue to bug them. Complain, complain, complain! And document each and every person you talk to and what they offered. Their policy is to make you feel good until you forget about it, rather than just giving you something then and there.

tigger08
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Complain complain complain. That is crazy that nothing was done about it and in a timley manner. My husband who isn't a fan of disney would have gone off his rocker. I would use the address to contact Disney directly that was posted in an above posted. Its seems to me that they get stuff done.

beansf
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, that stinks! I would be so ticked. I would definitely complain.