PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal confusion

Tinker Bell
09-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok I have a problem . I have my DD B day trip to DL tomorrow. One of the girls that is going with us Mom just drop her off and gave me her a pass plus another paper. She Said she went to DL Last month (8/14 /07). She needed to upgrade her DD pass so they could be play at the park. They gave her a block out pass at the tix booth and told her to go into DL to the bank to upgrade the pass. When she went to the bank they printed up a paper and told her she needed the paper and the plastic pass to get in. Is this true ? When she ask if she was getting a plastic they told her that " They do not do that any more. You keep your old plastic card and a paper card . Till your pass is up. "

RStar
09-29-2007, 09:56 PM
That makes no sense to me. Once you have your plastic AP with your photo on it that should be all you need.

Is that what you are saying? They told you that to get in from now on you need the plastic AP and the entry paper ticket?

Tinker Bell
09-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Yes they told her she needed the Plastic Ap that says So Cal and the Paper Tix that says it is a reentry tix for 8-14-07 and they hand write her name on it. Well we wil see how it goes. Off to the park now.

DizneyMommy
09-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Somehow I think that the papaer ticket they gave her was just for that one day and she is going to end up needing a new blockout day ticket today if she is blocked out.

Wendi
09-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Yes, it sounds like she was using a blockout pass for that day. She won't use the same blockout pass every time she goes, but she will need to buy a new one for each blocked day that she enters the park. If it is not a blocked day, she will only need the AP. For that particular day she would've had to show both her AP and the blockout pass at the turnstiles, then she would've needed to use the blockout pass for FastPasses, etc. as that is the actual ticket scanned for park entry.

gtpinoy
10-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd have to agree with the suspicions that everyone else has.

The old August blockout days for the passes are no longer available online, however there is a good possibility that all 3 pass levels (So Cal Select, So Cal and Deluxe) had a blockout date on that day.

Tinker Bell
10-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Well we got in the park with the plastic cause it had the expire date of Jan. The CM just keyed us in. The mom thinks she paid for a deluxe but the card says Southern CA and the CM said that her machines say S CA. I have left it into the moms hands for her to fig out what went wrong. I was not with her the day she did it and I do not know what pass she started with. Thank you for your help.

DizneyMommy
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd have to agree with the suspicions that everyone else has.

The old August blockout days for the passes are no longer available online, however there is a good possibility that all 3 pass levels (So Cal Select, So Cal and Deluxe) had a blockout date on that day.

I happen to have the old one on the fridge... Aug 14th was b/o for only SoCal passes, but Deluxe. She must have bought a b/o ticket and then intended to upgrade to Deluxe that day but something went wrong.