PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone to a conference held at Disneyland?

Mickey7
09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Anyone ever gone to conferences that were held at the Disneyland Hotel/resort. How is the food they serve for breakfast and lunch? Do they have tickets for admission at a reduced cost since the workshops to not get done until 4:00?
Going soon and wanted to get some details.

ochibiyo
09-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi!

My brother in law has done a pharmacy conference there once and said the food is pretty good. Although he doesn't do breakfast. There were no reduced cost for the tickets, only for the hotel room. But every business is different. Hope that helps.

adriennek
09-28-2007, 08:27 AM
I have been to at least two conferences at the DLH. The most recent was the time there was dried oatmeal on my bedspread and the power went out to many of the rooms in our tower and they offered us no compensation and those little glow sticks IF you asked for them. (I'll spare you the REST of THOSE rants. Color me majorly unimpressed.)

The food was fine. I remember they actually had nonfat milk at the continental breakfast. It was cereal, yogurt, fruit and muffins. I don't remember the dinner in particular but it was fine. Standard hotel conference food but it wasn't memorably bad or anything.

The discounted ticket thing would depend on the conference offering it. Mine did not.

Adrienne

mckygirl99
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I went to one in the GCH. We had a good continental breakfast with assorted pastries, fruit and coffee and the box lunch was very good as well. This was provided each day. We had a certain day that we could get into the parks at a discount but I didn't need it since I have an AP. The company sponsoring the conference was celebrating its birthday so they had birthday cake and Mickey Mouse come and take pics with everone. It was real nice!

skyway man
09-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I have been to at least two conferences at the DLH. The most recent was the time there was dried oatmeal on my bedspread and the power went out to many of the rooms in our tower and they offered us no compensation and those little glow sticks IF you asked for them. (I'll spare you the REST of THOSE rants. Color me majorly unimpressed.)
Adrienne
Be careful of the Disneyland Hotel, it is the black sheep of the three hotels. It does not have the best rooms, or service. It is about to get a 50 million dollar refurbishment, but remember it is about 50 years old, and has not always been kept up over the years, especially during the Pressler/Harriss years. The crown jewel, and the one that gets most of the budget is the Grand Californian. I have always heard mixed reviews over the years from guest. It really depends on how much the company having the conference shells out.

DizneyMommy
09-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I have been to both banquets and conferences at DLH and GCH several times. The food has always been stellar for us, I have had dinners and breakfasts. It depends on what your company has ordered though. If they go with a simple continental then that's what you get. If they order a full breakfast, it is great. For dinner I have always been impressed at how Disney is able to feed so many hundreds of people so quickly with such great food and still manage to get hot food to everyone. I have had buffet style and plated dinners and both have been great, nice large portions, creative menu (not just boring "hotel chicken") and dessert is always something very creative with a hidden (or not hidden) Mickey in it. The conference and banquet rooms at both hotels are beautiful, too.

The reduced rate ticket does depend on the conference you attend, if it is AT the hotel, you should ask around, they almost always are offered a reduced rate ticket for attendees if it is a multi-day event, a lot of people are staying on property, and it is a large group. Sometimes they can get you reduced rate tickets but don't bother publicizing it because they think no one will want them.