PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Shows [Disneyland's vs. DCA's]

Boo's Mommy
09-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Are there 2 different shows? One at DL near the Tiki Room and another at DCA on the Hollywood lot? I've seen many positive reviews, but which one is it for? Or am I just confused..?

yohomama212
09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
There's Aladdin and Jasmine's Story Tales at DL, near the Tiki Room. Fun, interactive show. Lasts about 20 minutes, I think.

Then there's the Aladdin Musical at DCA, in the Hyperion. Great stage musical. Beautiful set work, pretty good acting, animals parading through the aisles and a flying carpet! I think it's pretty close to an hour, but I could be wrong.

We like them both for what they are. I keep trying to get the rest of my family over to DCA to see the musical, I can't wait to see it again.

Elizabeth

Wendy Bird
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
The one at Disneyland its a storytelling show for kids.
Aladdin at California is a musical that lasts about 45 minutes - it's a must see.

Boo's Mommy
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks! Ok, so it's the one at DCA that everyone raves about!

vfire
09-28-2007, 09:15 AM
The one at DCA is great, a must-see. The one at Adventureland is okay, I was expecting more I guess. Or maybe I just miss Tahitian Terrace.

cstephens
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
The DL version is fun if done correctly. We saw it again a couple weeks ago, and Jasmine was *awful*.

misdisney
09-30-2007, 07:53 AM
We see the one at DCA everytime were there *2 A year* but have never seen the one at DL, is it worth seeing?

Family of Four
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
The DL Aladdin/Jasmine show is mostly geared for children. There's an open area in front of the stage and many children watch the show seated on the floor. During the show three children are chosen to participate briefly in the show. And after the show Aladdin and Jasmine are available for autographs and photographs, etc.

The DL show doesn't have a lot of production value, it's mostly storytelling with some improvisation, and it only has three performers, Aladdin, Jasmine, and the storyteller Kazoo. I thought Kazoo was pretty funny. He told some jokes throughout the show that were definitely geared for adults, and he did a couple of good impersonations. :)

I would recommend the DL show for parents with children. The show is 20 minutes, and there usually isn't much of a wait. During the off season the show is usually scheduled for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. And it might be scheduled for some holidays.

I would recommend the DL show for adults, although I wouldn't walk in with the highest expectations.

The DL show is called Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventures, and it's performed in Aladdin's Oasis in Adventureland.