PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment - How would you respond? (And an on site hotel discount code)

lala1486
09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Well last week I called once again to see if anything had opened up in the AP4 rates for the weekend we are there in December. I also tried a new code I just found on mousesavers.com which is DNW for SoCal residents (don't think this has been posted here yet!) Well that wasnt available so next I asked her to try the AP4 rate. Whopee there was a theme park view room available in PP! Not my first choice but who cares! AP4 rate and finally a hotel! Well needless to say I was delighted and booked right away and got the rest of my family excited. Today the confirmation bill thing arrived - it was oh, a couple hundred dollars more than expected. I wasn't too upset, assuming it was a mistake. I called back and was soo mad to find out the ressie wasn't actually made under AP4 - even though I SPECIFICALLY requested this - it was only under the usual AP discount. I haven't cancelled them yet in case something opens up, but I probably will soon. I am so dissappointed and upset with the CM that helped me and the whole thing. How should I go about dealing with this, and do you think there is any point? I cannot remember the CMs name but I have the gist of it (like instead of Bob Robert or bobby - just an ex. not her name)

So any input?

yellowrosedtxn
09-27-2007, 04:06 AM
I don't think I would cancel just yet. Have you put any money down on it yet? If not, just keep calling back every couple of days and asking. It never hurts to do that because you never know what might open up. BUT saying that, if you prefer to make reservations at another hotel along with those reservations, then do that. The only thing you would need to do is cancel the PP reservations before they would actually charge you for a room. That is just me though.

shanbri
09-27-2007, 05:41 AM
You could give this a try. My husband and I have trouble everytime making ressies over the phone with Disney. Sometimes if only a day or so does not have the discount they will lump the whole ressie together and say there is no discount available. I will call back immediately and get someone else and ask for different dates. Maybe take out the weekend and ask about those days.Then they magically appear. We book those with the discount and then make a second reservation for the day or so that didn't have the discount. Instead of them saying only Monday thru Thursday has the discount and you will have to pay regular price for Friday they say no are no discount available for your dates. I hope this makes since. So call back and play with the dates you give them and see if any of those have discount on them.

danyoung
09-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Disney recently changed their reservations system, and now require you to pay whatever rate is in effect for a given day. It used to be that if your first day was during a bargain season, your entire trip would be bargain rate. No more. Perhaps they're still working out bugs on how to handle this. shanbri, it sounds like this is a great way around the computers for now. Hopefully things will smooth out soon.

Wendy Bird
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
I have PP concierge level book for October 10-13 that I need to cancel (with the AP rate) if you are interested in picking that up when I call - or if there is a way to transfer the reservation I can do that too. :)

DizMe
09-27-2007, 09:11 AM
When I called several times asking for AP4 rates for a certain time, I was told by the CMs that if someone cancels an AP4 it does not go back into circulation as AP4 but at a regular rate. I don't know how true that is, but if factual, then once the AP4s are sold out for a date they're gone for good.

lala1486
09-27-2007, 08:54 PM
thanks for all the responses! wow dizneyme i hope thats not true! and if you could tell me wendybird when you are going to cancel the october ones that would be wonderful - i cant go but my friend and her family will be there then and they have aps! wow that would be soo great! thank you for even thinking of that!