PDA

View Full Version : Wishing Well, TinkerBell

Pages : [1] 2

merlinjones
07-19-2002, 12:27 PM
One of the things that had been bothering me for a few years was that Snow White's Wishing Well roof had not been painted tile by tile to match the castle (back when the castle was last repainted). To my surprise, it was fixed this time and looked very nice! Thanks, Cynthia!

I also noticed that Tinerbell's Toy Shop was having a rehab - - the sign was missing too and I could spy a chandelier inside. Is it getting a full retheming?

marron-cream
07-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I also noticed that Tinerbell's Toy Shop was having a rehab - - the sign was missing too and I could spy a chandelier inside. Is it getting a full retheming?

Yep, it's turning into a big Princess Shop. I don't know if they're changing the name just yet. It's getting re-themed and it looks nice enough. My first impression was that it's cheesy and completely aimed at little girls, but it's growing on me. It could have been worse. Come and visit on the 20th, that's the grand re-opening date!

merlinjones
07-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Note for anyone around there if they redo the former Princess Shop in the castle: There is a gorgeous Eyvind Earle original Sleeping Beauty landscape mural painted on the wall behind the hinged fireplace.

This artwork should be on display for the public.

It obviously is a very valuable piece and should not be harmed in the redecorating. Who knows if the maintenence guys or marketing chix will know about or be able to spot this?

Somebody higher up should be reminded before its too late...

marron-cream
07-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Really? I never noticed it. I'm going to look for that tonight. Thanks for the tip.

merlinjones
07-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Cool. It was last seen when there was a Christmas Shop in there - - having been uncovered during New Fantasyland construction.

Not Afraid
07-19-2002, 01:25 PM
If I could go now and take a look, I would, but my investigation will have to wait until tomorrow.

Merlin Jones, you seem to hold the definitive Eyvind Earle knowledge. I've seen the DLH artwork, now this. Tell me more, tell me more!!!!

merlinjones
07-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Likely all you will see is that the fireplace has hinges. This is why...

tinkfreak
07-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Set to re-open tomorrow, the Tinkerbell Toy Shop will now be called Once Upon a Time . Let's hope they do it right. I did hear that this rehab is sort of a quick fix, with a more extensive rehab scheduled for later this fall.

tinkfreak
07-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Thought you all might like to know the Once Upon a Time shop looks pretty nice. While some of the decor is definatly temporary (to hastily cover up the Peter Pan stuff), most of it looks good. I heard the next rehab will actually take place in January, and will be a doosy. Let's hope the former Villians and Castle Princess follow suit.

On a side note, I saw the wishing well - it looks awesome!

marron-cream
07-21-2002, 01:37 AM
Heh heh... I give those flowers around the pole two weeks at the most.

A friend and I think the shop should have been called Once Upon a Dream, it would fit in better with the Princess motif. People are confused as to what to answer the phone with though, we're telling them to still use Tinkerbell but we keep hearing things like "Princess Shop," "Story shop," and so on. :p

marron-cream
07-22-2002, 12:28 AM
On a related note, one of my cast members in the Princess shop tonight was telling me that a group of AP pin traders was in princess tonight, trying to push aside the fireplace so they could see the mural behind it.

It wasn't any of the MousePadders, was it? :D

Not Afraid
07-22-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by marron-cream
On a related note, one of my cast members in the Princess shop tonight was telling me that a group of AP pin traders was in princess tonight, trying to push aside the fireplace so they could see the mural behind it.

I know the answer to your question, but my attorney has advised me not to respond.;)

Rallymonkey23
07-22-2002, 01:17 AM
What? Who would do something like that? :)

stan4d_steph
07-22-2002, 10:26 AM

See that! Now we've all become pin traders.... wait... I know nothing... I was never there.

Blame Lisa. :p

cemeinke
07-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph

I think the blame falls squarly on Mr. merlinjones himself - inciting a bunch of MPers with his spurious tales of hiden Eyvind Earle artworks.

Not that I was there when the alledged incidents occured.

:cool:

Flubber
07-22-2002, 11:06 AM

AP pin traders?!? :mad:

Never did see the mural either.

justagrrl
07-22-2002, 11:16 AM

Oh my....this is really really funny to me for some reason. I can see you all - not that I even know what you look like - there now trying to get a peek.

And after all that you didn't even get to see? Maybe now that a CM is aware of it they'll bug someone else to take a look and it'll get uncovered for all to see?

merlinjones
07-22-2002, 12:16 PM
>>I think the blame falls squarly on Mr. merlinjones himself - inciting a bunch of MPers with his spurious tales of hiden Eyvind Earle artworks.<,

Hey, if that works so well... now let's stage a coup of the entire company. Mutiny!!! Just think of the Earle and Blair artwork that awaits on the other side... ;)

>>And after all that you didn't even get to see? Maybe now that a CM is aware of it they'll bug someone else to take a look and it'll get uncovered for all to see?<<

This is my hope. Someone has to be alerted before the plan (that you know someone somewhere is already making) to paint that wall Barbie pink with twinkling fiber optic sales fixtures comes to fruition without factoring in the Earle mural.

Once their plans are set, its hard to reverse them.

Not Afraid
07-22-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph

Now, gentle readers, this is a phrase that has become popular in this parts lately. You must accept it in good humor, keeping in mind that it is just a phrase used by those who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

BTW, Steph, doesn't your flashlight need new batteries? I bet, hypothetically, you could see that elusive artwork better that way.;)

marron-cream
07-22-2002, 01:45 PM
LOL! When my CM told me, my first thought was "MousePad!" I wish I had been there at that time so I could have seen what you all looked like. :p

I don't know where she got the idea you all were APs, but she did say that several of you were pin trading with her. No luck with the mural, huh?

cemeinke
07-22-2002, 05:39 PM
I don't know where she got the idea you all were APs, but she did say that several of you were pin trading with her. No luck with the mural, huh?

A possible scenario could have gone something like this...

CM: (To AP#1) Are you a CM?
AP#1: No
AP#2 (not paying attention to CM) I think it slides out - is that some sort of masonite?
CM: Are you APs?
AP#3: Uh oh, does it show?
CM: No, but you said you weren't CMs and...
AP#2: Can you shine the light a bit more over here?
AP#1: (to the CM) Don't worry, there's supposed to be an Original Eyvind Earle behind the fieplace, he did the artwork for Sleeping Beauty - Can I see your lanyard?
AP#4: Maybe if we move the door...
AP#1: Honey, come look at this Pin
AP#3: Cool, Adventures through Inner Space!
AP#1: Do you think I should trade for it?
AP#3: Are you kidding, It's Inner Space, go for it...
AP#4: There's something back here but I can't tell...
AP#5: Um, I'll be outside...

Of course this is pure speculation on my part ;)

Cadaverous Pallor
07-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Oh God, this thread is TOO DAMN FUNNY. :D :p :D

I simultaneously wish I was there and am glad I wasn't. :p

Rallymonkey23
07-23-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Oh God, this thread is TOO DAMN FUNNY. :D :p :D

I simultaneously wish I was there and am glad I wasn't. :p

It's just too bad I wasn't there. *Runs and hides*

Techie7
07-23-2002, 08:57 AM
CP I agree with you on this one. I keep thinking of the movie CLUE and seeing a group of people trying to figure out how to move the fireplace. (Is there a candlestick nearby?) Could have a hidden switch like Ariel's Grotto. I think you could say something like... we are looking for the underground utilidors. ;) Anyways wish I had been around for said "Operation Chimney Sweep". Good luck and whoever finds the "hidden treasure" snap a few quick pictures. :D

stinkerbell
07-23-2002, 01:21 PM
Okay, people I am laughing so freaking hard. I can totally picture this whole scenario and I am dying!

You all spend waaaaaaaay too much time at Disneyland, and this is not coming from the jealous Oregonian. This is coming from someone whose stomach hurts from laughing! :D

Please, please tell me that this actually happened! Of course it would make a great story to tell someone, but who the heck would understand? :confused: ;)