PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen - clean eatery?

Daveylegs
09-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I was doing a Google search on Goofy's Kitchen and noticed a disturbing article (followed up by a MP article and subsequently talked about on the boards). It mostly dealt with health concerns such as mold and rodent problems.

This was published back in '02. Does anyone know what has happened since? Honestly, this wouldn't keep me away from the place but I would like to know that these issues were addressed.

AVP
09-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Everything I've been told, and my own personal experience with having toured the kitchen about two years ago, seems to indicate that the Goofy's Kitchen problems were corrected shortly after they made a splash in 2002.

AVP

hybrid-god
09-26-2007, 06:28 AM
It's not like your going to eat off of the floor! But still, it was nice and clean when we went there. It's actually a good spot!!!! :~D

MoKat72
09-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Rodent problems? Are they letting Mickey cook?
Actually, it's been very clean when I've been there as well (about 5 times since 2003).

ladodgerjon
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
When I visited, everything seemed very clean...

However...

remember that this is a buffet. If you are someone that is concerned with germs (maybe more, perhaps, than the average person), then you might want to rethink visiting Goofy's Kitchen-- or ANY buffet.

OR, at the least, bring hand sanitizer to your table. Not necessarily because of germs ON THE FOOD itself -- or by kitchen workers -- but, rather, because of the shared utensils used to dish the food onto your plate. In a buffet, the serving utensils are the single biggest source for spreading germs.

VickiC
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
RE- Buffet sanitation- Last time we were at Soupplantation I saw an ~9 year old boy scoop chocolate lava cake onto his plate, he couldn't shake the last bit of cake onto the plate so he used his finger to scrape it off, then licked his finger clean. He then repeated the process with a second scoop of cake, second scrape with finger and second lick. Needless to say, I did not partake in the lava cake.

danyoung
09-27-2007, 05:55 AM
In a buffet, the serving utensils are the single biggest source for spreading germs.

OT - My younger brother and his wife have instituted what they think is a germ killing move. When you get ice out of the freezer, instead of reaching in with your hands for ice, you pick up a big plastic spoon that's kept in the freezer, and spoon out the ice. Of course, the same hand that would have touched the ice is now touching the spoon handle, just about guaranteeing the sharing of germs. But they don't seem to mind this . . .

Me, a 50 year old bachelor - I think we all need MORE germs in our lives!!!

mommy-san
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
OT - My younger brother and his wife have instituted what they think is a germ killing move.

I am not an expert- but wouldn't the freezing temperatures kill any germs on the ice?

danyoung
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I honestly don't know. I do know that the germs MIGHT get passed on through the ice, but they definitely WILL get passed on through the spoon handle. Little brothers are so stupid . . .

Daveylegs
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not a germ-phobe. I like to live dangerously. However, the problems I heard about went beyond utensil sharing. See these links:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/chef/ck020918.htm

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/rats-and-rat-****-everywhere/21578/