PDA

View Full Version : For those who got Free Dining Plan

MICKEYLOVER
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm really hoping DW offers it again next Sept. since that's when we'll be going again.

I'm wondering though do you have to purchase your park passes as part of the package with room/dining? Otherwise how would AP holders take advantage of the deal.

I'm trying to figure what would be more cost effective.

Thanks for any help.

wishiwasthere
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
AP holders do not get the DP unless when they book they get 1 day park passes to make a complete package. So yes you have to get at least a 1 day park pass to be eligible for the DP whether it is free or not.

If you have an AP you can get a big discount on the room and then purchase for $50 the Disney Dining Experience Card which gets 20% off at most restaurants in WDW.

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/discounts.htm

Drince88
09-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Right now, you can only get the dining (paid or free) added on to a package*. A package consists of room and the same ticket medium for everyone in the room. So if you have an AP, you can get a one-day; one-park ticket (the cheapest) for everyone, and save them for a trip after your AP expires.

If only one person has an AP, you can purchase the one-day; one park ticket for everyone, and then go to guest services and upgrade everyone else's ticket.

*There is an exception to the package thing, and that's if you're staying at a DVC resort on points.

MICKEYLOVER
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info.

We won't have any AP - I was thinking multi day tickets that don't expire or seeing what UnderCov. T is offering.

But I see now I'd have to purchase at least a one day pass for each of us with the package. So I'll do my homework and figure out what will save the most money cuz we'll only be going for 3 maybe 4 nights.

wishiwasthere
09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
If you got 10 day non-expiring tickets that had both options it actually costs more than an AP plus you don't get the discounts on the hotel room.